Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Another error: "fatal error LNK1120"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi again

I just got the wizard to work and i found a tutorial on how to add the libraries and Include files, but now i get this error:

1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib \'libcmt.lib\' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg referenced in function \"void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)\" (??2@YAPAXIABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg referenced in function \"void __cdecl operator delete(void *,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)\" (??3@YAXPAXABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z)
1>Debug\\Dark GDK - 2D Game1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

My OS is Windows 7

I\'m sry if you think im kind of spamming, I just have a lot of problems
-SliZe
TheCodeHasEyes
Years of Service
User Offline
i cant get darkgdk to work on windows 7 too,

keep getting fatal errors.
SliZe
Years of Service
User Offline
Got it to work Google FTW
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2010 18:16 Edited at: 24th Oct 2010 18:17
There is no problem with Dark GDK on Windows 7.

Linker errors regarding debug libraries (e.g. malloc_dbg in your error message) usually happen when you try to include standard library headers into your code (e.g. vector, string). Go to project properties, configuration properties, C/C++, code generation tab, then set the libraries to MT (multi-threaded) instead of MTd (multi-threaded debug).

You can also check the linker properties, input tab, "ignore specific libraries" list. That should contain "libcmtd,msvcrt,atls".

@TheCodeHasEyes: if this does not help, then post what is your error message exactly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 11:18:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 11:18:35