Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Your thoughts on my dumb idea.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everybody. I was thinking about entering the alienware comp. for fun and would like some thoughts on my idea.

I've been working off and on in another language (never mind which one) on a Wizardry-style game. It takes place on a world enslaved by an intergalactic empire. The "masters" built lage towers in various places on this planet for communication and for an energy supply. The ultimate goal of the game is to destroy these towers, thereby disableing the alien technology and cutting them off from their main planet. (You can see why I thought of this game for the comp.)

The game itself should be fairly simple. I converted the Dungeon tutorial code to work more like the early RPGs. Now I just have to convert my earlier code to DB. I just have to say, I'm glad they provided a model. I'm not good with 3d art.

Any thoughts or questions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 21:01
the texture of the model is utter crap

Jeriko The Slyz,Yian The Craft,The Mechanist,The Lost One,Master Of Dots,Bambos O Bellos,Zolos O Kolos
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 23:27
i think the texture looks ok, sounds a like a good idea, be good to see it complete!

Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 02:33
the texture is crap because 1 side is much darker which means it totally messes up any attempts at in-game lighting

Jeriko The Slyz,Yian The Craft,The Mechanist,The Lost One,Master Of Dots,Bambos O Bellos,Zolos O Kolos

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:14:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:14:14