Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Looking for basic free 2d Sprite creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, im new to game creating with Dark GDK and ive now come to the stage where i think im able to create a mini rpg game with DarkGDK. My problem is i don't think paint is a sufficient graphical editor anymore so i was wondering if you guys could give me a link to free basic sprite creators, and graphic creators. Ive scowered the internet for hours and have not found anything half decent. thanks very much

sorry if i posted this in the wrong place or have missed previous posts with what im looking for, like I said I am new. Im going for classic Zelda type Graphics, also opinions about what i should do are much appreciated.
Devonps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 12:29
I generally use The Gimp for my 2D editing. Takes a little getting used to but it's worth it.

In addition I entered free sprite editors into Google and came back with The Tile Studio as the 2nd hit, maybe that's of some use for you?

Marriage is a circle of rings....
Engagement ring, Wedding ring, Suffering!
raWRcaLLiBer
Years of Service
User Offline
ill give it a try
raWRcaLLiBer
Years of Service
User Offline
This is Excellent thanx very much lots of help
DrTorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Another one that could be worth a look is Graphics Gale. The free version is quite functional .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:36:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:36:40