Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Zombie Boxing Sneak Peak

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a crazy idea i had i been working on.

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 08:35 Edited at: 20th Nov 2010 08:39
Rules,rules,rules....oh and did I mention that you have to follow the sticky's ?
You made so many threads by now,that I would asume you've read atleast the WIP rules..but I guess I'm just asking TOO much from you .
Also judging from you're previous failed attempts at games,I'm willing to bet that this game isn't going to use any lightmaps AT ALL.

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 13:22 Edited at: 20th Nov 2010 13:23
lol weird game hah.

You are not following rules bro!

The rule link

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171003&b=25

So if you make any new game,you must follow the rule!

Hello.There is my pics.And nice to meet all modeller,designer and many more
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 13:28
Quote: "Just a crazy idea i had i been working on."

You know what elsi is crazy? Rules! Outrageous! And did you know we have to follow them!

The idea SOUNDS quite nice thou. I don't know on the looks part yet or the gameplay part. But the way I imagine zombie boxing in my head... nice

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 03:18 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 03:21
Maybe you missed the part where is it said give them a grace period to show more stuff as they dev. Having that said, I do have more to show. An yes no light maps could be used (very upsetting). Had 17 levels and had to break it up 4 times. So each disc will have 4 levels approx. Very upset cause even when I tried with just for levels with my light maps, it still ran out of VM. An I set it to 5gig storage. So no light maps. But I was able to adjust it to still be appealing. Not to my 100% standard but good enough for steam i hope.

Concept:
Simple concept really. the player will "box" other zombies and creatures for titles belts etc. Most of the monsters are melee based. Some do carry weapons to spice it up.

The player must rely on his melee zombie "boxing" skills to defeat the foe. Their are two special rounds. One is a all health round aka a bounus round and the other is a weapon upgrade round toward the very end of the game.

Rapup:
Overall just a very simple game. Some violence and gore. Figured no one has made a zombie sportish game. An figured why not. I admit the Huds an such will need to be redone before release and a few other minor touch ups. Overall right now the game is enjoyable to me and my beta testers.

Here is a screen shot of the first zombie boxing champ. He has a special attack when he dies. He explodes lol

In a few months we should have are new engine completed thanks to the power of Dark GDK Net. An hopefully Ill be able to produce much better qaulity games. For now Im kinda screwed. Lightmaping for Single player seems to take up alot of VM durning build process, plus slows the games perforance drasticly. So the big hope in the future is that using the power oc C++ and C# based code will reduce or fix that issue instead of using BASIC based programing lang.

Nothing wroung with BASIC, just not as powerful as I need it to be.

Minor Edit:

Yes I use store purchased models in all my games. Why because Im not a artist. Nor am I modeler. Plus FPSC models look great and I dont care what the rest may say about there models. I own most of the model packs and love them.
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 12:37
Quote: "Not to my 100% standard but good enough for steam i hope. "

I stopped reading here...I'm sorry to brake it to you but this isn't anywhere close Steam standards.And how come this game is SO big that you have to put it on 4 discs ??

Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 13:29
Quote: "Not to my 100% standard but good enough for steam i hope.

"

Dude sorry to say this but NO NO NO! its an fpsc game. it will not get anywhere seriously i learnt that the hard way! Thanks to zay who gave me a little life lesson! if you want to get somewhere in game development download xna game studio or dark GDK!

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
How about an illumination map shader on the lamp?

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 15:38 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 15:41
Quote: "Dude sorry to say this but NO NO NO! its an fpsc game. it will not get anywhere seriously i learnt that the hard way! Thanks to zay who gave me a little life lesson! if you want to get somewhere in game development download xna game studio or dark GDK!
"

You have no idea...

There where 3 people that wanted to sell my latest release Euthanasia and it had a wide spread on the internet. It has been uploaded to a lot of gaming sites etc.

It doesn't matter what engine you use to make a game...all that matters is the "final product"

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 16:05
Serously! Congratulations wolf! I always thought that fpsc was a starter engine! congrats!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 16:39
It's not the engine, it's the artist that makes the game.

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 17:57 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 17:57
You have a very good point mgarand! FPSC is a good engine, I am not surrying it in any way, I am just saying it is very hard to get a commercial game out of FPSC as it is veiwed as a sideshow in the game industry!

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 18:24 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 22:59
EDIT: Redacted by Seth Black

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 19:16
Just so it does not become a habit. The rule is no screenshot then dont post yet.

I lock any threads posted here that dont have a viewable attached in game screen shot to support them and lock them immediately I come across them which is not that often so you may be lucky.

Other Mods may have a different approach and thats their perogative.

Hecklers have nothing to do with it. Thats an entirely different matter.

250 seamless textures : http://www.umedia.co.uk
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 19:33
I wish to say sorry to old_school for being harsh i hope you can accept my appology. The concept is good and i wish you the best of luck.

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh Sorry guys I been really busy working on my house. I been meaning to get more screen shots up and answer posts. Anyway, ahh yeah guys alot of people who use FPSC go commerical. It is true its a fairly basic engine. But going commerical is all about talking to the right people and alot of luck.

This game to be honest is not the greatest. Light mapping sucks. I hate it. But FPSC went crazy when I had lightmaps on creation. So I had to remove move. An still put me at 4 Discs. So why is the game so large? Well granted its a very small area but there is 17 levels total. FPSC uses at lest 512 when building anything. An mine were averaging around 8 something when I was compliing. Plus when you complie, it adds to that size each time you add a level for it to complie all togethier. So I broke it up into 4 Discs. Giving it some light level. On final creation.

The Huds have not been finished yet, but Im not much of a artist nor have I ever made a custom hud before. So this will be a learning experiance for me making one. As for the GDK, yeah GDK is best thing to use 100%. In fact Im working on a GDK engine using Dark GDK Net. But that takes time.

In the mean time, I can use FPSC same as you guys can. To simply make little idea or concept games for my self which I plan to redo later with a better engine. Alot of games the first run are very basic. As the newer versions release, the better they get. Example Wow. World of Warcraft started as a simple C&C style game those who played it way back when. The idea os a MMO version never crossed Blizzards mind(not orginaly).

So the idea of this game is to simply promote the concept, get something out there, brand the idea and then later per-fect it. In the mean time I can use FPSC to make unper-fected versions. As for steam, yeah I'm a bit lucky and know a few guys. So not saying this will 100% go commercial. But the chances are high right now it might be considered.

Thanks for the support guys. Im start looking for beta testers soon. Ill post some more screens in a few. In fact ill make some why I have some free time.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline

Ok those wondering yes the thug has a gun. A zombie has to eat you know lol An the others well spices it up. I thought if you only killed other zombies it might get a little boring. So there is several types of monsters to "box" to death in the game.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 08:10
Mixing up Stock/Old and New Modelpack Characters is not a good idea...they have totally different modeling/textruing styles and different quality.

-Wolf

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 11:39 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2010 11:42
Quote: "You have a very good point mgarand! FPSC is a good engine, I am not surrying it in any way, I am just saying it is very hard to get a commercial game out of FPSC as it is veiwed as a sideshow in the game industry!"

I think its not hard.We just need to learn and improve more skill like concept of game,design and scripting.For now I learn how to scripting for game because our game will be more improve.V1.17 has out and it has more features like bloom effect and many mores.I think if FPSC has realistic ragdoll,water effect and stencil shadow,It will be more awsome for our game but the we need to learn and improve our skill to be the commercial game.

Tips
Try to low down the ambience press <>

go to main FPSC folders and open setup ini.Check lightmapping then change it into 32 or more like 50 or 70 but I recommend you to use 50.

I think you need more designing skill and improve the light skill to make your game cool

I recommend you to use wings 3d to make model because its free and use paint.net to texture the model and dont worry its free too.

Last to say

We need to help each other to make FPSC more growing.Dont be stingy to share the tips and idea.I see some FPSC user are blame if someone make game not good.You must shame with yourself and dont be too selfish.

From
Leon

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 15:50
Quote: " I plan to redo later with a better engine. "

An engine does not make the game.Besides,you haven't even mastered the easiest engine there is and you plan on moving on a harder one?

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Good tools = good outcome
Basic Tool = Basic outcome

Engines make the game. I dont know what world or plant your from but a engine makes the difference. Look at Unity for exsample. Great engine. If you make a decent game with Unity, the game is going to sell and its mapping etc will be able to hide any unperfectios you think it has.

FPSC is basic, limits your creativeity and abilities. Why would I want to master limiting my self and creativeity? The engine does what it says nothing more and nothing less. It says is a basic entry level engine. Offers the ability to make games. Did not say we offer you the ability to make amazing games and games you will have unlimited results. It said offers ability to make games.

FPSC is a good basic starting engine. The concepts I have learned from using the tool is what it offers. Ability to make a creative idea and put the idea into the game. The game engine clearly as we all know has limits when it comes to lightmaps. An is extremely limited overall. Thus why its basic. An many of us agree, the best engine. Is the engine you design and create your self.

I hear alot of you tell people dont use purchased models, use light maps blah blah blah. All of that stuff is great for you. But for others it may not be true. Here is a example. Everyone told combus the earth is flat. He argued its round. Guess who won the argument. The person who refussed to belive everyone else.

Having that said, yes light maps are allways good to have in your games. I highly recomend useing them were they are neeeded. But some days take place in the day time or the creator might think that the room should be lite slightly or differently then you.

It is up to the creator of the game to determine how he/she wants the game to look. Players don't care nor do they know what lightmapping is. You only know because people preached the concept to you. So now you preach the idea. My thought, designers need to stop preaching and start being a little more creative. Focus on the idea.

Which leads to how do I understand art? Well look at the painting or object etc. Ask your self, how does this make me feel. No thought, its a feeling. So how does this art make you feel? It says to me. This is a very creepy but clever idea that has never been done before. So what does it say to the rest of you?
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 22:38 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 23:00
EDIT: Message Redacted by Seth Black

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Agree zombie stuff is over milked.

At Leon:

[GAMEMAKE]
lightmapping=1
lightmapold=0
lightmapshadows=0
lightmapambientr=0
lightmapambientg=0
lightmapambientb=0
lightmapsunx=0
lightmapsuny=-1
lightmapsunz=0
lightmapsunr=0
lightmapsung=0
lightmapsunb=0
lightmapzerorange=100
lightmapatten=16
lightmapmaxsize=-1
lightmapboost=4
lightmaptexsize=512
lightmapquality=5
lightmapblurmode=1
lightmapthreadmax=-1

Setup.ini for FPSC

Path:C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator

Make sure I got the correct one. Ive tried adjusting this in the past wih no result. This "lightmaptexsize=512" Seems to be where I need to make corrections, however never seems to make a difference. Getting that file size down though would be great. I really hate seeming a godly sized map size on creaition for just a small box style room.

Ive also tried increasing my Vir Mem to 5 gigs an it still stops at 1.82 aka the phy mem. I don't think the editor is reading mem correctly. Open to suggestions for better map making. Please be detailed.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "lightmapquality=5"

Change it to 32 or 50.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 04:32 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 04:33
Quote: "FPSC is basic, limits your creativeity and abilities. Why would I want to master limiting my self and creativeity? The engine does what it says nothing more and nothing less. It says is a basic entry level engine. Offers the ability to make games. Did not say we offer you the ability to make amazing games and games you will have unlimited results. It said offers ability to make games. "

This picture show the fpsc engine its good graphic my friend.As I know some FPSC games are commercial.

And here the picture if you set lightmapquality into 50.

(this is LW 3 or it called Legacy Warfare 3.I still dont make WIP thread for this I think maybe some other time.)

Have A Good Day

Leon

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 07:11
Quote: "Good tools = good outcome
Basic Tool = Basic outcome"

I could prove you wrong...take this:

done in fpsc. (not by me)

-Wolf

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 07:22
Oh Snap.

But I do agree with Wolf, mixing model packs like that usually looks bad, unless they get a really nice retexture.

Keep working though, practice makes perfect... so Ive heard...

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
I belive thats FPSC x10 you cant get that kind of effect from x9 but very good looking.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 08:45 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 10:44
Thats not FPSC X10 friend.This all X9 graphic.I admit that my level design not good and need to improve..

Anyway if you learn and improve level design and lighting.You can do better with FPSC X9.I recommend you too improve your level design and lighting and maybe modelling too.

FROM
Leon

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 09:33
@old_school: Its X9, I know the Author. Postprocessing, Shaded Segments (and soon even dynamic character shadows) are all possible in X9.

FPSC has been enhanced by this community so you CAN make games with great quality. Of course, nothing big studios do with modern engines...but keep in mind that these studios often spend millions of € on these projects.

I might sound a little offensive....but in the past 4 years I've been using FPSC, I saw a lot of people flaming the engine without
REALLY trying it out.

I saw a lot of people doing stuff in FPSC that even I don't yet fully understand.

So, try it out FPSC's Lightmapsystem is very powerful. My favorite! I would say that its even better than UDK's Lightmappingsystem because it usually doesn't crash while building ...but thats just me.

Oh: Enhanced setup.ini values here

Quote: "

lightmapatten=32
lightmapmaxsize=-1
lightmapboost=4
lightmaptexsize=256
lightmapquality=32
lightmapblurmode=1

"

Why don't you try yourself on a project with a storyline and more levels so you can get practice.

FPSC is also a great way into commercial gamedevelopment. I know people that started with FPSC and are now artists/coders in Gamestudios.

-Wolf

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Use hex code to change lighting colour.If you dont know where you can find the hex code.talk to me and I will help you.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
So any picture my friend.I really want to see your game.

Have A Great Day

From
Leon

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 19:36 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 21:15
Quote: "FPSC is basic, limits your creativeity and abilities. Why would I want to master limiting my self and creativeity? The engine does what it says nothing more and nothing less. It says is a basic entry level engine. Offers the ability to make games. Did not say we offer you the ability to make amazing games and games you will have unlimited results. It said offers ability to make games."

Ok then, if that's so, show me your game which utilizes FPSC's incredibly flexible scripting language, a completely custom environment, shader effects and all of the other features which FPSC has to offer. If you are feeling truly limited by the engine, you must have explored every inch of it. Why isn't this represented in your game?

This leads me onto...

Quote: "the best engine. Is the engine you design and create yourself."

You clearly haven't delved into the more complex parts of FPSC such as the scripting language and the ability to mod the source. Those sorts of things take a lot of time and effort to learn. Now, can you imagine the amount of work that designing an engine would involve as opposed to learning about the features already available in FPSC? Not to mention the MASSIVE increase in difficulty when it comes to more advanced engines.

Quote: "I hear alot of you tell people dont use purchased models, use light maps blah blah blah. All of that stuff is great for you. But for others it may not be true. Here is a example. Everyone told combus the earth is flat. He argued its round. Guess who won the argument. The person who refussed to belive everyone else."

First off, that example is completely irrelevant: No one is lying to you or deceiving you. You don't need to "believe" us that lightmapping makes a game look better because the evidence is right in front of your eyes. Have you even looked at some of the games on this forum?

With all of this talk about developing a new engine and the limitations of FPSC, the game you are showcasing here seems to be pretty basic and restricting. It's a square, empty room with one light and a character. Can't you think of any way to spice this game up? Because 17 levels of spamming left click, killing one enemy at a time? I'd be getting pretty bored a quarter of the way through. No offense, but if this game is all that you can produce with this engine you simply don't have the need for a more advanced one. Engines with higher specifications do not get easier to use as the price increases - It's the complete opposite.

So ideas for your game: Instead of a square, generic room, why not make the levels into outdoor stadiums with each level set in a different country? You could easily pull that off with some good planning and level design. Put a night skybox on with big floodlights, get some entities to make stands for an audience etc etc. If you argue that your computer can't handle this sort of thing, then how on earth do you plan on running a high end engine?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 20:07
Amen.

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice Ill work on it. Yes I agree boxing through 17 levels and clicking is boring. However, when I presented the product (in testing stage) to others. They rather enjoyed the game. An as stated this is a very basic product Im creating. In the future I may release a more complex version. But for now this is simple enough for players to enjoy with little difficulty.
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 22:09
Can you show us an exploding zombie in FPSC please?
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Real simple to do. Obviously set the game to single player. Then go down to explosion section. Set explodable true. An adjust as you wish from there. Creates a big black puff cloud when the enity is killed. Nice little effect.
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 13:33
Old_school...do you think I'm an idiot?
It's an honest question.Do you genuinely think that I said or even thought that FPSC does not limit your imagination?
Heck,I even stopped working on Aeterna for just that reason,but in your eyes I'm just a dimwitted kid.Is that right?
You couldn't missed my point more.
I stated that if you can't even make a semi-decent game in FPSC then in NO WAY will you make anything as close to OK in Unity or UDK.
In FPSC you have everything done for you...all you have to do is draw the level and you can't even do that right,yet you think you'll make anything better in Unity.

I mean,you don't even believe lightmaps make a better looking game...just...argh...

But I guess Wolf and Buttmonkey did damn good job telling you that you're wrong.

Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 13:47
Zay has got a point mate. zay is alot more experienced than you. Just lay off him a bit okay

Web designer available for freelance work
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Zay no one is attacking u so why are you trying to attack others? I read everyones advice for the light mapping and tested it. Im guess 2 gigs of mem an't enough for the complier because when i try the enhanced method it exceeds 1.85 gigs locks up.

Anyway please don't try to be bash me or others. I read your post replied best i could to sound nice but provide u with what i was going for. I know u hate zombie games. Me tooo. But not what i like, its what the people want and demand. There was a old saying way back when so to speak when i was in college. "Find a need and fill it". I found a need and im filling.
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 20:31
Quote: "... I know u hate zombie games..."

What ... the ... Now I'm not trying to bash you in any way but... where in the world did I said that? You're mixing up topics like juggling balls...plus,you didn't even address my point,that it's up to the developer to make a great game not the engine,again!

And who do you refer to by "others"?
If my way of telling people something that has been said over and over and over,comes across as bashing to you then I apologize...but step in my shoes for a moment and see all of this pirates, stealer's,"idea guys" and newbies that don't even follow the forum rules,even after their 4th WIP thread!

But if there is one thing I totally agree with you on it is this:
Quote: "FPSC is a good basic starting engine."

...and there is nothing wrong with that

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Can we lock this thread thanks. Don't see any more constructive critisim appraoching soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:42:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:42:26