Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / New game tutorials for the site.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all.

Ok, just a heads up here.

Reaperman (my step dad) has been away for a while now working abroad, but got back a month or so ago. To cut a long story short, because he never got around to doing those other tutorials for the site, he also didnt forget. Lol.

So he set up a team of ppl (including me! Lol,ahem, big mistake that ) and we are almost done with a brand new tutorial for this site. Its got a Christmas feel to it, and is built around the popular point and click puzzle adventures that everyone and their dog seems to be selling right now.

Heres a screen shot of the title.

The tutorial will be very diff to the type that has been done before, cos it will not just teach the programming side, but will be a full reference work that will show you how to design from scratch, and also just as importantly, how to use the many packages that went in to developing the game. So you will be able to see exactly what to do with everything to build a game like ours in the tutorial.

We are planning on doing at least 4 more full tutorials spread over the course of the year for the members on here so if anyone would like to see anything in particular, please just ask and we will try and incorporate it in to the finished tutorial.

HERE is a link to the intro for the game... just download and run it. Its one of the early versions of the game, but I thought I would post it so you can see the format of the game.

The tutorial is scheduled for late December or early January.
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 3rd Dec 2010 04:43
Looks Pro. Downloading will test. I'll assume it was made in DBPro.

Custom,intel 3.0GHz Hyper Threaded,4GB RAM,ATI X1500 256mb,
WindowsXP DBpro v7.5 Synergy
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2011 19:29
Cant download it, mediafire says this:

Quote: "This file is currently set to private.

When a file is set to private by its owner only the owner of the file can access it."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:15:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:15:17