Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Visual Debuuger..z axis is wrong way

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 09:54 Edited at: 4th Dec 2010 11:24
I just got Dark Physics a couple days ago, and am coming to grips with it. I'm using the Visual Debugger, and noticed that the positive Z axis is coming towards the viewer, not away like in DBPro. So, its a little confusing when trying to debug. Anyone know if there is a setting to change this? All I see is an UP axis setting.

edit:
ahh, excuse my spelling. Maybe a mod can fix it to "debugger"
sorry

edit:
ok, I got it. I should have read the help file for the debugger. You can manipulate the camera position within the debugger. It was just in the wrong place. Excuse my dumbness.

edit again:
nope. Something is goofy. I think that the x/z axis are different than DBPro. I noticed in the help a custom camera can be selected, but, no option. Can TGC fix this so the axis orientation is correct? Otherwise, the tool is basically useless.

Edit again, sorry:
Ok, the Z axis is definitly flipped. I made an AXIS model, that is displayed correctly in DBPro, with z pointing away, x to the right. In the debugger, z is opposite, x and y are correct. So, then I tried exporting the model flipping the handedness. Z is correct in DBpro, flipped in the debugger, x and y are still correct. However the debugger is implemented thru DBPro, I can tell you the z axis is flipped. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but, I'm pretty sure that the z is wrong. So, if this can be brought to the attention of TGC, and they can fix it, it would help alot, because that debugger tool is pretty usefull, but not if the z is backwards. Thanks.
Visigoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 11:57
I made a simple program to illustrate this. You will need the .x files in the attachment to run this. Its just two real simple axis models I created in Ultimate Unwrap. I'll post the whole thing in the next post. Here is the code:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Visigoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 11:58
and here is the whole project

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Visigoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 12:02 Edited at: 4th Dec 2010 12:46
to check this, first you need to launch the Dark Physics (Ageia) Visual Debugger. Then, run the project. If you haven't done this before, you're gonna like it. While the project is running, you can interact with it in the debugger. You can click on objects and fling them around, and its all updated in the DBPro app.
But, like I said, with this example, you should see that the Z axis is reversed.

edit:
I found this here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=85669&b=30

from Mike Johnson:
Quote: "Yeah it does it the other way round which can take some getting used to but it's worth using anyway. Being able to see all that info can clear up all kinds of problems. "

But I don't want to do it this way. How hard can it be to flip the z axis for this tool?

edit:
I mean, DBpro talks to the debugger. So, DBPro has to send position data. In whatever code in Dark Physics that sends the Z position, wouldn't it be be possible to just "flip" the value? Positive to a negative, and, negative to a positive? Just for the models displayed. Looks like the physics are working correctly.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 14:24
There are a few different versions of the debugger, the one I have here you can do the following:
view->coordinate system->right-handed

The default is left handed which is wrong for us.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 16:56
To get the latest debugger you will have had to register to get into the download area. if you not done that you be using there old one, its good as you may have found there a drop down menu which allows you to change the view from default to the opposite.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Visigoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 04:26 Edited at: 6th Dec 2010 04:29
guys, thanks. Sorry for my rant. I didn't realize it was an Nvidea problem. Anyway, awaiting my "approval" so I can get this latest tool.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:12:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:12:35