Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Programs that play nice

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 16:09
Hello, I plan on buying FPS Creator x10, but it hinders on one thing. I want to make my own games practically from scratch (sans the engine). What other design programs play nice (work well/easily) with FPS X10? I'm an experienced graphic artist, but this is my first delve into games. Im not sure of all the programs I need but so far I figure I need: and Engine (FPSC X10), a modeling program, a program for animation, a texturing program, a mapping program for advanced terrain, something to generate skyboxes, a shader creator, and one for scripting cut-scenes. It would be great if one program did a few of these things (such as 3ds Max). So what im asking for is a grocery list of other programs that I can use with this to make my OWN game.

THank you very much for your time and information.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 20:56
Any program that exports models to .x format will work. For textures you can use any program that can write TGA format files then use a DDS converter which you can get from nvidia for free.

I used to use Photoshop, nvidia DDS converter, 3DS Max i no longer create media for FPS Creator but thats what i used a while back.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
Soulkreig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 04:30
Thanks for the info. Im sure i will have a ton more questions as I get rolling

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:02:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:02:05