Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / DOOM III

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 04:28
I have tested "Doom III" and I got around 38fps.
How many Fps did you get and What PC do you have ??
Rage Sniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 05:18
2-20fps ingame
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 06:09
0 - 1 FPS in game w/ no textures or lights
48 FPS when there was just a pure black screen

PIII 600Mhz
128MB Ram
NVidia TNT2 64MB
WinME
DX 8

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 06:40
ATi/E3 Leak -> 60fps
Beta Engine8 1.03 -> 120-153fps

Duron 800Mhz
GeForce3 Ti 128Mbyte
1024Mb Sdram
WinXP Corp SP2(FAT32)
Detonator 48.73 [Beta]

ATi/E3 Leak -> 140fps
Beta Engine8 1.03 -> 280fps

Dual Optiron 2.5Ghz
SLi Quattro XGL 680 128Mbyte DDR CLK2
1,536Mb DDR CLK2
WinXP Corp SP2(NTFS64)
Detonator 48.72 [WHQL]

... Should probably be noted that Doom3 is optimised for use on AMD - GeForce Systems

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 06:48
Oh... forgot to mention thats everything set to MAX
Be interesting to know what kinda speed i see with everything set low or off. Must look like crap with no lights, not without textures not missing a great deal complete shaders ... wonder how far people have got, considering the Leak is most likely what ya'll have and there is a great deal of it there.

the Current Beta is a 4Gbyte DvD - but i guess might be cause there are no optimisations for finals, i mean Quake3 was am 800Mbyte affair

Rage Sniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 16:07
bla bla bla... yeah Vegeta...
Where did you get "Beta Engine8 1.03" if the stolen E3 version is "0.2" ???

Oh, Are you working in IDSoftware or you are Fixing the Doom III engine by yourself ??
ha... ha...

=)

--------
When will be released the Full version ??
Rage Sniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 16:10
Sorry... Are you saying the PC and FPS that get ??
forgive me

Rage Sniper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 18:15
Some of Doom III features:

- Realistic lights, make shadows of models, not a circle or other kind of shadows.
- Blood effect, blood take form of tubes, boxes.
- Small object detail, it's like MGS2, when you shot in tiny boxes, body parts, small doors this moves or destroy.
- Very High poly models.
- Cutscenes Rendering models (not videos).
- A lot of enviroment sounds

I love this game !!!
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 20:37
Cutscenes Rendering models (not videos) - 'Machinima'

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 01:44
i need to test it... i think my machine could handle it O_O

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 05:52
Erm... lemme see Beta version - who would be given a beta version of software ... hmm
well whilst the Rocket Scientist above tries to figure that out

Those Realistic shadows are Volumetric Stencil Buffer, however it can be flickered between standard Stencil Buffer (which don't project properly ) and Lightmap Projection.
Alot of the actual effect you see are not boxes, plains, tubes or any other kinda crap - pure Pixel Shaders.
Cutscenes have a blend of Ingame and Render'd, and has been seemlessly blended - just like Final Fantasy 9/10 do

All the models aren't quite as high polygon as you may imagine, the Pixel Textures really give them alot of character - the more you machine is capable of the better the effects the characters have.
The engine has a pure engine LOD system for chopping polygons down, because even the high end systems have trouble with more than 5 people onscreen meaning ALOT has to be chopped at distance, especially within the Cargo Bay which hit a total of almost 4,500,000 polygons.

The world is fully interactive, you shoot a pipe or a wall or something and you can make a new door ... but like a normal world you can't shoot a few machine gun bullets and expect it to happen - in some sections thought its cool to see after gunning down a few Zombie Imp things all the bullet holes you've created and the bright lights from the labs shining through.

There are very few sequenced events, the whole game loosely runs along the story some of you will be familar with - however as all the monsters tend to hunt you down when you come across them and go on about thier business until they see or "sense" you really allows for a truely unique experience everytime you play. (somthing the LEAK doesn't include)

I think you've also missed the Dynamic loading BSP - which actually loads in the background allowing worlds to be portalised with seemless quality zones for people with more than 256mb Ram...

Weaponry now has the ability to lock and require fixing and you actually have to hold some intelligence to get past some sections, requiring you to either know maths, biology, chemistry and such or to actually read what is scattered about.

Taking out monsters and later USAC marines is a fully tactical affair as if you shoot thier spinal colomn they're down for the count with a few shots ... gofor a leg they'll just continue to come for you hobbeling and a little more dangerous because they're now piss'd at you.

(^_^) the Leak is really a poor ass version from almost 7months ago! And I'd suggest anyone who wants the full experience dig into thier pockets as it is released quite soon, most likely February as they're about to go gold

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:20
Ya, the leek is really one big movie, they just made what had to be made in order to show the folks at E3, or so I heard. Anyway, I am getting that game... as soon as I get a comp that'l run it

Rage Sniper: Don't forget the amazing physics

Raven Vegeta: That sounds VERY cool, but I'm not a rocket scientest, so can you tell me how you got the beta? (Beta Tester? Or is it something more...)

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:34
(^_^) ... well sorta as a beta tester, usually their games are officially tested inhouse - but i kinda bugged my sis to get me a copy.
how or why she can get a copy that'll remain my secret

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 07:37
... did your sister sleep with people... and i am not a rocket scientist thank you... i know you are blown away by my wit raven... =D i do know how to repel gravitons creating a anti gravity field... then in a split second attract electrons to protons in order to propel your craft with no inertia faster than lightspeed... everyone knows einstein was wrong about not being able to travel faster than light... brilliant man though =D

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 09:36
lol... i guess in a technical sense yeah she did, but not like some slut or anything - married to one of the guys.

hehee yeah Einstein was wrong about quite a few things, discovery in recent years of Tachyons (bah and some peeps thought they were from SciFi proggies only) have proven that lightspeed isn't actually all that fast. As those particles are capable of traveling almost 10x the speed of light. It's a shame they can't create them yet let alone use as it certainly would hold some serious advantages.

Hey did ya'll hear about the teleporter they have working in Aussie land? not really for practical uses as it is only capable of moveing atoms, but just think a good 50-60years as technology gets better hehee.

Is getting kinda creepy that all these things we see in Star Treck or Stargate, etc are actually being developed in real-life. Anyone seen those Cyborg Rats that NY firefighters use, a real Rat has minimal self control and is basically remote controled to find people in disater spots .. saw a program about it with these guys all like "oh wow i'd love to be a cyborg, connected to the internet through an IR connection my brain"

Not being funny but they've never used a PC before have they... you can't reinstall your brain's OS and backup memory if you get a virus. Norton would have a bloody hard job making AV software too - I swear anyone who'd want that would be insane in the head.

(^_^) i'm sure alot of you know most of the new techs out there thou ... be cool to know if anyone knows of others i don't get to hear about.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 02:47
=D an invisibility cloak... oh i know what you mean about the startrek stuff... but i have add.. right... so im always thinking about stuff when i should be listening to the teacher someone blurts out something so simple as "CAN I HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER" behind me to someone else... then boom paper... connects to something else and so on *im over doing it there my add is not that severe*...

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 21:50
oooooh here's a thought that will kill your brain: What if teleportation is all around us? When we move our arms, do the atoms not move to another location? Then is it possable that at some microscopic level teleportation is common or does everything just litterally move at an infanitely small movement per infanitely small amount of time. But could that not be the effect of teleportation?

eh, or maybe I just think to much!

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 22:00
thats not teleportation... if it was then you wouldnt have ligaments and tendons... =P... plus its the striation in your muscle that does all the moving... its like velcro... red and white lil specks... the red grips on to the white... =D

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 21:31
hehee... guess you're both kinda right

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 05:39
yup... hehe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:56:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:56:11