Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Lunar Lander 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 18:20 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2010 20:18
Lunar Lander 3D,early stages,makes all its own media on its first run.
Edit - Christmas theme added,Santas Got A Jetpack For Xmas,no longer makes all it own media at runtime,but seems to be slower at loading it?

Edit - Camera problems fixed hopefully too.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 18:45
This is cool. Surprisingly difficult. Managed it after a few attempts. Quite slow loading, some slowdown in gameplay when looking at all the buildings. Plays quite well though.
paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 19:08 Edited at: 12th Dec 2010 19:57
Thanks Dr.Tank,should load quicker the next time you play as it saves the media out first time round.Cant say as i`ve noticed any slowdown during game play though unless you go realy high.
New version coming soon with much improved Tron inspired graphics.

Edit:New version updated in first post
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 20:28
It is very difficult but it was extremely hard to land because the camera would spin out of control and it would send you in the other direction.

paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 05:49
Gorlocks suggestions ,thats the whole point of lunar lander type games,there difficult to control.As for the camera spinning out of control and sending you in the wrong direction,the camera simply chases the lander so if the cameras spinning so is the lander.Try and use less thrust and balance it between left and right to get the heading you want to travel,using propulsion thrust while turning or trying to turn at speed will,and is meant to send you spinning out of control.The auto decent thruster will bring you down at the correct speed for landing as long as you have slowed the ships forward motion and got it on the correct heading.Happy landings.
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2010 04:11
The camera gets a bit odd when you go very fast though. Think what is happening is that the camera is moved some distance, at the ship angle, from a lagged posiition, then is pointed at the actual ship position. If the camera look distance exceeds the "lag" distance, you can't look opposite to the direction of travel. Try accelerating forwards constantly until you pass the end of the map, then try looking around.
paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2010 05:52
Thanks Dr Tank,i´ll look into the camera movement,all though i cant seem to replicate this error on my own pc no matter how far or fast i get the lander to move.My system for the chase came only points the camera at the target position above and behind the lander,until it acheives this position it wont point the camera at the lander,ill take a look later,still working on scoring and collecting points system at the moment.
paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 20:11 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2010 20:14
Xmas Edition,Santas Got A Jetpack

Download from first post at top.
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 00:10
downloaded long time ago, never played because i forgot it. sorry.

very very very difficult, yes, and some problem on the camera.

any update???

[img][/img]
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 19:04
Really slow on my machine now. Perhaps exacerbated by it being in a window on top of desktop stuff. Graphics look nice though.
paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 20:20
Thanks Ermes & Dr Tank,been that long since i got any replies i sort of gave up on it.The latest version was added to the first post and hopefully all the camera problems should be fixed in it.
I made a lot of changes to it for the xmas edition but the pre made textures as opposed to the earlier run time generated stuff seemed to slow it down for some reason even though they were all the same size and colour depth?
Working back on my race track editor at the moment but when i get a bit of spare time i might take another look at this.
If any one wants the code for this then let me know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:15:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:15:06