Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Problem with Custom Skyboxes in X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 21:47
I've been playing with CloudWright a bit and trying to integrate custom skies in x10.

I am exporting using their Dark Basic exporter which creates a .x file and .jpg images. No luck with that.

So then I tried exporting .tga images, and hacking a .x file from a working skybox.

I can view my skies in the DirectX viewer and they look correct. But when I view them in TestMode in x10, they show up as a flat dark blue image. I've tried about 10 different takes (all with different lighting etc.) and I get the same blue image regardless.

Keeping in mind...I'm not seeing the PINK sky that I've seen in the past when a .x file is incorrect.

I read somewhere else that perhaps you have to use only .png? All the working examples I have right now are .dds only (and I can't go that route).

Also, I tried to find "Skies for FPSC" and it appears the download site no longer exists.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:35:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:35:32