Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / DarkClouds on windows7; results always appear on top left corner of screen.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
No matter what code I use with DarkClouds, I get the moving clouds on the top left corner of the screen, superimposed on a static image of clouds. This even happens when I download the demo on the Dark Clouds page. I am using the latest free version of DBPro on windows7.

The following post in the Newcomer's Corner has all the specs, code samples, and images:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=178830&b=7

Please fix this bug.
antigravity dream
Years of Service
User Offline
The images I have posted at the link above, have been replaced with:"404 File not found"
Maybe that's why nobody responds to my bug report
I need to know how others are posting images so that I can repost them.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 13:42
Quote: "I need to know how others are posting images so that I can repost them."

There are various ways. The way that I usually use (I don't claim it's the simplest or best) is that I first attach the image to the post. I then send the post and when the post appears I right click the View button and copy the shortcut. I then edit my post and paste the shortcut. I then select the pasted shortcut text and click the image button. Finally hit the edit message button to post the edited version. The edited message should then contain the images you inserted.

If you have the images on your own web site or other web location then you can bypass the editing step and just insert the links into your original message (using the image tags of course).

The images still need to be available on the original links otherwise they won't show so I guess you got an error because the images had been removed from their original location - or the link was wrong perhaps.
antigravity dream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2011 06:59 Edited at: 19th Jan 2011 21:17
Here are my specs and my results:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 12:52 Edited at: 17th Jan 2011 13:11
I've just looked at your other thread and I vaguely recall having similar problems with a different demo on one of my machines. If I recall correctly it was something to do with inconsistent assumptions about screen resolutions somewhere in the code. The result was that it worked correctly on some machines and not others. I believe someone reported it as a bug report so you might find your answer there. It concerned the shader demo that comes with DBPro. I'll try to find the link and, with luck, the solution and post back. I've no idea whether it's the same problem though.

Edit Found the link.

screen problem in shader demo

The problem there was related to screen resolutions/camera positioning/display settings etc. Perhaps something similar is happening in the demos you're using? I don't have Dark Clouds so I can't test it for you.

Perhaps someone else could take a look?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 13:24
Just looked at the original DarkClouds thread. Something very similar to your problem was reported by bobbel about 9 posts down on the first page. I don't know whether Mike Johnson's reply helped:

Original DarkClouds thread
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I reported the same problem:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=164992&b=15

It may sound like a dumb answer but my problem was fixed by updating to the latest video drivers. Newer drivers weren't available at the time I made that post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:41:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:41:56