Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Flashing Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I got windows 7 and have dbc. when i try to run dbc on my windows 7 computer. the screen has a unnecessary flashing problem. i was wondering what a fix might be to this

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure you have the setup.ini file in the same folder as db.exe and that blitflipmode=1

At the top of your program (before all the other code) add the line
LOCK CLI. On errors, this prevents the CLI from opening up and will return you immediately to your source. In the past, this command has helped with some flashing issues for others.

At the beginning of your program add
cls 0
sync

then the rest of your code

Hopefully this helps.

Enjoy your day.
pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
where do i get the setup.ini file from?

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Theres a sticky at the top of the DBC board but this post addresses windows 7 directly and has the ini file posted in a code block (for general running):

How I got Window 7...

Enjoy your day.
pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
wow such a simple solution. lol thanks latch. how'd you figure all that out?

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "wow such a simple solution. lol thanks latch. how'd you figure all that out?"

Obviously, I have TOO much time on my hands!

Enjoy your day.
pictionaryjr
Years of Service
User Offline
well if it's benefitting others. i don't think thats a bad thing

ploppy4
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same flashing problem when running any db program. I have tried the setup.ini and the latest db update. I've also tried the various wait and sync solutions seen on this forum. To be honest it doesn't matter what the actual code in the program is it still flashes up white a few times when first run.
What i did find was if i ran my program in a window (couple of settings in the ini for that).. it didnt have this ugly flashing white initialising thing.

by the way i'm using windows 7, but by all accounts this issue has been around since XP.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Some of the flashing may be due to simply changing the screen resolution (which it does automatically). This would explain why putting it into windowed mode corrects the problem.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 07:21:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 07:21:36