Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / random 3d matrix map generator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 18:01 Edited at: 7th Oct 2003 18:03
I am working on map generator for my project. It generates maps like this on enterpress.
Randomization use cos function to generate realistic hill and waleys terain. So far it includes two materials which are attached to matrix tilles bye their height, totaly automaticly.

I had problems with texture smoothing and mip maping, it paint lines at borders of tilles:

Thanks to RPGamer I found out hove to use trim command but its not ideal solution so I am trying to make flexible terain using memblock right now.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 18:32
looks nice although the fog like aura over the images seems to detract from the clarity a bit. still very good work tho.

http://www.lunarpixel.com
It's already tomorrow in Australia
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 18:54
Thanks
Its because fog distance is related to camera position and skysphere at center of scene so they dont match each other. Thats only for test, in project sky will be adjusted to camera position...
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 22:36
how did you get the textures to blend so well at the edges? it looks good so far!

arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 13:24
I was making my own program in DB which make transitions between two textures based on monochrome map. Works on the same principle like Wan Trans. If you want something like this I think you can download Wan Trans at WanBs web page.

Then you load it in DB, use prepare matrix texture comand to split it to tilles and then its up to you to ad apropirate map tile to matrix tile. My program do it automaticly acording to height of tile corners.
Hope it helps...
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 20:31
I was doing something similar over the weekend - looks great

c:/dos
c:/dos run
run dos run
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2003 03:33
DRAV a legend coder from the early days of DBC had made an open source texture blender. I learnt my concepts from his source ages ago.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2003 11:09
is the source still around? i'd be interested to have a look

arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2003 15:22
Its simple principle: Take RGB walues at the same coordinate of two textures to blend, then take one of the walues (R for example) from reference monochrome map at sad coordinate an calculate percentage of color component. Then divide diference between RGB walues of textures acording to percentage. Repeat for all coordinates.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:33:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:33:59