Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Lucid Scene Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is Lucid (Scene editor).

During my spare time I began putting my practice of Dark Basic programming to work. I did not start off with a crisp idea or formed myself any guidelines to follow of what I would have when finished (or if I'd finish at all). Adding code here and there, changing a few features over time, removing elements i did not see fit, etc. The idea came piece by piece.
Before setting off into the journey of game development I thought I'd first try to develop my own tools, build a good foundation, and work my way up from there. I've been working on this project for several months now. Ive compiled a few unpublished projects here and there in the past mostly unfinished. This is one of few projects I've decided to publish on the forums. As the accumulation of my practice of Dark Basic programming thus far, I present to you what I have so far.
Basically, Lucid is a first person scene editor consisting of an environment with manipulative objects and a graphical user interface to edit the background, along with an aerial view on the top right corner.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz Quad-core HD: 640GB(6GB/s) RAM: G.Skill 4GB (1600MHz) GPU: ATI Radeon 5870
MoBo: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO OS: Win 7 Home 64-bit

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 14:23
Post your screenshots as PNGs please, it lets you view them in the webpage without making you download anything

Sounds like quite a good idea though, good luck!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 14:47
Screenshot looks pretty good, I wish you good luck with this project! In the future, please upload your images in PNG or JPG format, 5.9 MB is a lot just for a picture...

TheComet

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 17:43 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 17:45
a good editor is fundamental for game making.
usually you must code your own editor for this, i remember i took about 3 weeks for the editor of ESF. but i never give it a name...

well, i can call it "editor for ESF", that's enough!

i can suggest http://www.youimages.org to upload images and then use the [image] button.

[img][/img]
jack frost knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Images.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz Quad-core HD: 640GB(6GB/s) RAM: G.Skill 4GB (1600MHz) GPU: ATI Radeon 5870
MoBo: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO OS: Win 7 Home 64-bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:39:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:39:50