Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Licensing question concerning the map editor source code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 09:59
Firstly, I think I remember the Map Editor source code being released, though I can't remember where. If I'm wrong, this whole thing is moot anyway, but if I'm not, could someone direct me to where it is? I've searched for several hours over the span of 2 days and nothing

Anyway, to the question at hand: My team and I think we've figured out a way to use the FPSC map editor source (after much modification) as a level editor for our upcoming commercial project. We would strip it down to the bare essentials and edit much of the source itself and the put in the "banks" only the media we've used for our game and then encrypt the folders so no one can get anything out of them. I know this will work and our actual "programmer" said he thinks he can do it theoretically, but we're now wondering if we can legally.

Like I said, it will be a tool included with our commercial project, but it won't be a "game maker", just a level editor for our existing game. It won't even be able to make an exe. It will just spit out a file for our game to read (not standalone in any way). What do you guys think?

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 11:07
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2000&page=upgrade7-5

Download the v7.5 extras and follow the instructions...

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 11:32
I thought that was just the engine source and the Map Editor was in C++, though I could be wrong.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 12:20
I believe its a combination of DBPro and C++ (or something), DBPro for the window where you actually build the level, and the other for menues etc.

But I might be wrong.

I think you will get a better answer concerning license if you send Lee or someone else at TGC an e-mail.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 07:24
I'll probably do that I just want to know if the C++ parts are included in that download

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 00:07:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 00:07:02