Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Jun 23 2010 New Editor PCK Error on Compile

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2011 19:48
I've been using the new editor for months now (for World of OMEN tutorial), and this morning it looks like I've hit a brick wall. I can't compile my project anymore - get this error:

Failed to 'CFileBuilder::AddPCKToEXE'
PARSER ERROR
------------
UNDEFINED PARSER ERROR
PROGRAM TRACE
-------------
ERROR TRACE
-----------
Failed to 'CFileBuilder::AddPCKToEXE'

Tried compiling on a different workstation, on different OS (XP and Vista - both fully updated), but keep getting the same error.

I'm only at 6983 lines of code, so I'm guessing its not a problem with project size....?

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 8th Jan 2011 23:18
That happened to me today. In my case I'd forgotten to close a DBPro exe that was running in a small window. Everything was fine after I closed it.
Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 01:55
@GG

Yep, I've seen it before when I had a previously compiled executable open - but no DBPro executable is running this time.

Just to make it even more odd, I'm not getting the error on every compile attempt - it only happens about one time out of 3 or 4 attempts - very annoying.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 12:19
Yes I was getting that for a while too. Something to do with timing I believe. Perhaps something isn't released in time for the next compile if you are making changes in quick succession and re-compiling quickly? Guessing really.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 18:23
That doesn't seem to be affecting this. I've worked on my code for hours in between compiles and it still does it. I never saw this problem until I upgraded to the full release of U75. (I was using one of the last betas before that) I use BlueIDE2, so it's not the editor, but something in the compiler.

Only about 20% of the time does it actually compile correctly. The rest of the time I get the Undefined Parser Error, or it does finish compiling but the result is a small EXE and a large PCK file. The resulting EXE/PCK file runs fine, but is obviously not the desired result.

This is even more annoying when working on a 13,000 line program that you have to compile 2 or 3 times in a row before it actually does it.

Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 18:29
I don't know how much this is related, but it seems to greatly reduce the incidence of this happening for me...

I recently upgraded/downgraded to Microsoft Security Essentials, and added the DBcompiler.exe and the EditorNew.exe to the Excluded Processes list. After doing that, I haven't seen the error at all since then.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 18:38
Yes, that's probably it. I forgot about that.

I think TGC need to warn us about the security issues in their documentation.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 18:49
I've added the DBPCompiler.exe to the Data Execution Prevention exception list. I'll try this out today and post back here if the problem seems to be resolved by doing this.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 23:40
I've tried the above, and a few other things. I'm still having this issue. It seems random enough that there's no way (for me at least) to tell what the source of the problem is.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:45:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:45:18