Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / [LOCKED] DESTROYED Official release date

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2011 11:34 Edited at: 18th Jan 2011 07:46
THIS GAME IS NOT GOING TO BE RELEASED BECAUSE OF LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

If you wan't to play it then just ask and I'll post a download link.

FOR EXTRA SERVICE ON GAMES THAT WE MAKE AND EXTRA INFO THEN PLEASE E-MAIL redimagegames@virginmedia.com
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 13:15
Please provide a screenshot at least, otherwise this thread will just be deleted.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 14:07
If it's 3 days from completion there must be something to show...

A video and a few screenshots won't spoil the story as you just told us the whole story anyway...

Red Image Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 15:11
BECAUSE OF DEVELOPMENT THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 2/1/2011.

Sorry for the delay but something extra was planned.

FOR EXTRA SERVICE ON GAMES THAT WE MAKE AND EXTRA INFO THEN PLEASE E-MAIL redimagegames@virginmedia.com
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 18:49
here is one of his screen shots.

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 19:03
Urgh, the 3D Game Maker? If I were you, I'd learn Dark Basic Pro so that you can make your own games rather than premade ones Or at least get FPSC.

good luck though

Red Image Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 21:00
Yes 3D Gamemaker.
Using it because this is my first release.
Also there is a ton of stuff you can do if you go deep into the editing with this program.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 21:14 Edited at: 18th Jan 2011 00:47
Quote: ""classical" graphics"

!!!

Don't you mean, someone else's graphics?

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in this thread you've actually made as all the screenshots look to be from a game Lee Bamber made in T3DGM.

Red Image Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 21:24
Wait a sec, what?
I took all these screen-shots and I made the game.
I'm not saying I made the game engine or anything like that?
I MADE THE GAME
This is not anybody else's game at all!

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 21:51
Pressing buttons to change characters IMO doesn't count as making a game. T3DGM is more like a game than a game making program to be fair...

Red Image Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 07:00
Okay, fine I get it but I'm working on something else anyway.
Gona be with FPS Creator and it's gona be a short game.

Also got another game coming out which will be chatting but will cost less than a phone call

Red Image Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 07:03
I also have a game coming up called "Planet Of The Dead".
If you think there will be zombies then not entirely.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 09:08
No offence. But you shouldn't feel that everyone is so excited to play a game in the 3d game maker. Expect some criticism. Just a tip for your future forumming.
Put some time and effort into a game that is solely yours and expect some worthwhile feedback.

Eidos!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 10:22
Quote: "Put some time and effort into a game that is solely yours and expect some worthwhile feedback."

Just to play devils advocate, I don't think I've seen many games in this forum that are 'solely' the work of the person who has coded it.

I use media from FPSC and cribbed from the net all the time and I'm sure I'm not alone...

Games made in gamemaker are not going to be widely appreciated here but they are a starting point for a lot of bedroom programmers like us. Take it easy on the guy and try to provide critisism in a positive way.

@Red Image Games, I would suggest that you look at FPSC if that's the kind of game you like. If you like coding then there's a lot you can do using FPSC script that will give you a foothold in DBP.

Have fun!

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 10:28 Edited at: 18th Jan 2011 10:32
@ baxslash
I think when we say "solely" in this context we mean something like "with a substantial amount of one person's work".

We all know it's usually whoever made DirectX and Lee Bamber who make everything we all do here possible, but I still say I made Soup on my own. (Regardless of the people over the years who helped with the textures, the DirectX libraries used to render it or even whoever invented binary xD )

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 10:30
What C0wbox said.

Eidos!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 11:06
Quote: "We all know it's usually whoever made DirectX and Lee Bamber who make everything we all do here possible, but I still say I made Soup on my own. (Regardless of the people over the years who helped with the textures, the DirectX libraries used to render it or even whoever invented binary xD )"

You're missing my point, which is fairly simple: This guy is new, try to encourage, guide and help rather than flame.

Maybe this post is not in the right place at the right time and maybe he just needs to be told that.

Quote: "I think when we say "solely" in this context we mean something like "with a substantial amount of one person's work"."

Agreed. I also like to think of "The Last Stand" as being entirely my work even though absolutely none of the media is entirely my own work. I'm not the one giving him a hard time for that.

The fact that he has made the game on gamemaker does not exclude it from being his own work. The game itself is. The engine is not. The majority of the code is not either but if there is some fledgling scripting going on then fair play, we all start somewhere.

The rules on this forum suggest that we should expect some critisism when we post here, I am just suggesting that he has heard the harsh stuff now. What about some guidance, some help.

One of the reasons I am still using TGC products is the help and comradery I found here on these forums.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 11:29
Hear-hear!

(\___/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
("_(" help him gain world domination.
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 11:35 Edited at: 18th Jan 2011 11:39
Quote: "What C0wbox said. "

Quote: "Hear-hear!"

I wasn't trying to take sides with what I said. - I was just trying to clarify something. - I stopped caring about the 3D game maker after my first post.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 11:51
Quote: "I was just trying to clarify something"

I think your point(s) was(were) that "solely" was not meant literally and that we all use a "game maker" of some sort.

I disagree with the first point, people here were implying that because a "game maker" was used it does not qualify as his own work. FPSC is a drag and drop "game maker" at its simplest level and nobody gives FPSC games a hard time.

I do agree with your second point however (it was what I was saying more or less).

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 12:13 Edited at: 18th Jan 2011 12:21
Don't worry, I give FPSC games a hard time too, because they all usually end up looking the same.

But now we're just getting off topic.

This thread will either form into somewhat of an example for all the other hopeful 3D Game Maker users or get locked like the last thread.

Red Image Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 12:34
Yep, off topic is bad.
Anyway, I'm now learning to script so I won't be using the forums here for a very very very long time.
Going to use GM8.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 12:44
One young game makers day: -1
TGC forum reputation: -1
TGC forum number of users: -1
A few peoples egos: +1

I'm not great at maths but...

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 12:46
I don't get it. xD

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 12:47
Quote: "Yep, off topic is bad.
Anyway, I'm now learning to script so I won't be using the forums here for a very very very long time.
Going to use GM8."

His post hadn't shown yet...

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 14:44
Locked as off-topic for this forum, and for being a complete waste of everyone's time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:48:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:48:09