Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 19:22
Aren't you guys confusing autocomplete with some feature that doesn't exist in any editor? Autocomplete is the box that comes up with suggestions of identifiers that contain the words you've typed in so far. Depending on the editor, selecting an item in the box is either as quick as pressing spacebar, or pressing up/down and spacebar/enter. By default, the first item will be the shortest identifier that matches what you've typed in. So if I've typed 'MoveO' then it will list 'MoveObject' first, and pressing space or enter or whatever will fill the rest in.

I get the impressing it's being assumed that it would automatically replace what you've typed with what it thinks you want as you're typing, but that wouldn't make any sense at all if you think about it. I don't really see the issue with this feature, and in some editors the box can be made transparent by holding ctrl or something, so it won't even block your view of the code.

Fatal Berserker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Autocomplete is the box that comes up with suggestions of identifiers that contain the words you've typed in so far"

intellisense.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 23:46
Quote: "intellisense."

No, intellisense is when you show a list of members in a UDT after typing a "."

[b]
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2011 04:40
Isn't it both? And Intellisense is the trademark for Microsoft's implementation, much like WMP is a specific implementation of a media player.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 20:05
I'm all for having brackets on all commands/functions.

However I would love to see something like this:
image = LoadImage("your image.png")

To check if the image loaded correctly you could use something like this:
if image != null then

[center]
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 01:13
I am in favor of brackets for more reasons than I can even begin to count.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 00:57
The current AppGameKit compiler has brackets for all commands now We are also aware that having this kind of command is pretty cool:

image = LoadImage("your image.png")

So we are extending this logic to all resource types so you can do things like:

sound = LoadSound ( "wavefile.wav" )

We are also just about to change the array brackets from round to square too, so your new arrays look like this:

dim lee[10] as yourtype
lee[5].first=10
print lee[2].second

I think it reads much nicer now I am warming to it as you instantly know the arrays are absolutely NOT commands, as might be thought now we have brackets all over the place

Having been typing DBP for a decade, using brackets is a very easy step to make so I think you will approve (it's like having an army of user functions at your fingertips).

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:20:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:20:05