Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Break Out ( Survival horror game ) X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 17:38 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2011 05:55
Break Out

Update :

I am working on the intro and outro of Break Out, still no luck doing it.

Update 2 :

I am putting a hold on this project for awhile, this is due to personal problems, giving me a hard time to focus.
Don't worry, it will be back, just taking a break from everything because i need it.

Update 3 :

Work on the game has been continued for awhile.
The level design for map 1 and 2 is done, only need to finish things up.
Level 3 level design is still a work in progress, but close to finalization stages.

After i've finished the first 3 levels, i will release an public beta so can try it out for yourselves.
Every bug report, suggestion or help is welcome.

Update 4 :

Demo release will be next month.
I think i will include 3 levels in this demo.
Not sure.

Update 5 :

Attention Beta Testers !

I am not gonna make the demo release next months so i'll release the beta that only features level 2.
Suggestions and bug reports are welcome.
Keep in mind that this is not in any way finished !

Link :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=26VAVZ7V

NOTE :
The image is still UNFINISHED.

Update 6 :

Break Out site launched.

http://www.wix.com/break_out/breakout

I will update this as most as i can.

Maniac Side Productions Team ( currently )
:

Developer - themaniacboy

Co-designer - Schreurder

Storyline
Your name is John Provat, you are a scientist working at the Coredo Research Facility Labs ( CRFL ).
Your late on your work and you need to test unknown DNA of a creature that has recently been caught.
When you finally arrive on work, you notice that everyone's acting strange today.
You get your lab to test the DNA, when you are analyzing it, you notice that the DNA of the Unknown creature includes some human DNA, that is weird, this means it is or was a human.
When you are at the terminal to report that the power went out, you suddenly hear a scream behind you.
You decide to find out what that was..

Description
A survival horror game, fight your through hordes of zombies, demons and other evil creatures.
The game also contains puzzles, zombies ofcourse, a huge selection of weapons, scary atmosphere that will keep you on the edge of your seat and a story that draws the player in the game.

Remember the media you see will all be replaced in the final product

Re-edited Break Out Preview :
Removed because the audio was deleted.

Download full un-edited video :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0S7OZ3QT

Please keep in mind, everything what you see here is very early beta and all the media and content that you see, are not finished in any way and will be replaced in the final product.

Credits :

Development - Themaniacboy

Co-Designer - Schreurder

Ideas - Themaniacboy, my dad ( Wout14 ), Schreurder, Metalhead, Gabberkip and Gerlock

Publisher - Maniac Side Productions

Sounds - Doom 3, FEAR, other SFX's

Video - Dawn of the Dead Intro

Inspiration - Half-Life, Doom 3, Fear, Doom 1 and 2, Serious Sam, Condemned and Resident Evil

Music - Marilyn Manson - Seizure of Power, Sonic Clang - Classic Doom Theme, Break Out Theme, Johnny Cash - When the man comes around

Testing - Themaniacboy, Schreurder, Metalhead, Gabberkip ( my little brother ), Gerlock ( Bart ) and finally, my dad ( Wout14, for the ideas )

Special Thanks - FPS Creator Team, Schreurder, Wehtam, Sonic Clang ( For the awesome music ) and Thumpmonk for E1M9

Additional media created by Wehtam ( www.wehtam.co.uk )

jeroen_batman@hotmail.com ( primary ) or thamaniacboy@gmail.com ( secondary )[img]null[/img]

Maniac Side Productions
themaniacboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 18:12 Edited at: 25th Jan 2011 20:08

It looks very dark, but ingame it's much brighter, i did this on purpose so you can barely see what's further ahead

Maniac Side Productions
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 00:44 Edited at: 24th Jan 2011 00:44
You are on post moderation because you're new. Also:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171003&b=25
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 00:50 Edited at: 24th Jan 2011 00:54
Quote: "Sounds - Doom 3, FEAR, other SFX's
Music - Marilyn Manson - Seizure of Power, Sonic Clang - Classic Doom Theme, Break Out Theme, Johnny Cash - When the man comes around"

You're not allowed to include sounds from other games and copyrighted music in your projects, btw.
I suggest you to replace them with sounds and music that are free to use, otherwise you'll get in trouble with the mods.

-Doomster

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 04:49
You also need a screenshot in you initial post, to keep this open.

-Keith

themaniacboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 19:12 Edited at: 25th Jan 2011 23:50
Quote: "You're not allowed to include sounds from other games and copyrighted music in your projects, btw.
I suggest you to replace them with sounds and music that are free to use, otherwise you'll get in trouble with the mods.

-Doomster
"

Please read my original post, i've clearly stated that all sounds, videos, images and music ( Media ) will be replaced in the final product.
Also i have noticed that more games use licensed sounds, like the Undead game, anyways, like i've said, this will be replaced in the final product.

Quote: "You also need a screenshot in you initial post, to keep this open."

-KeithC

Done, i hope you are happy with this

Maniac Side Productions
themaniacboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2011 10:25 Edited at: 25th Mar 2011 10:28
Demo release will be next month.
I think i will include 3 levels in this demo.
Not sure.

Also, i have authorization to use the music, i won't use all music.
Like Marilyn Manson, but i have authorization of Sonic Clang.

Maniac Side Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:55:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:55:05