Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Non-physics box interacting with physics box?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2011 10:09 Edited at: 27th Jan 2011 10:35
Hi,

Am very new to Dark Physics, but I would like to be able to get a controllable box object that is not affected by any physics to collide with a box object that is affected by the physics (gravity, etc).

The positioning of the controllable box in the game does not fit into the PHY MOVE CHARACTER CONTROLLER, which seem to be based on direction and force (RE style, I suppose).

The only solution I have seen so far is to create and delete the object from within the physics engine, which seems very inefficient. Any help would be much appreciated.

----

EDIT:

I found the PHY SET RIGID BODY POSITION and PHY SET RIGID BODY ROTATION, all is well.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2011 11:27
Well Done.

you'll find you maybe doing that for a while as theres about 300+ commands to learn, some you will never use, as your game won't need it.

Most of what you need to know is in the demos it just working out what does what.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
bodmcn
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the response; the positioning of non-physics objects seems a common problem as there are loads of entries in the forum about it in one way or another.

I just wanted the physics for a nice effect in a 2d game and it has worked out rather nicely

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:46:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:46:40