Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / SynthFX

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 06:13 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2011 06:15
Hey guys,

Got a new proto type sound fx program for everyone to test out and give me some feedback please cause its a complete shot in the dark....

dunno if it will be usefull yet.

if you guys have any ideas to make this better or some options that could get it to be more flexible.....lets hear your thoughts

Its in the plans to add wav recording to it but its in beta phase and will be added in after some feedback.

program will be released 100% free so lets hear your thoughts

Download beta here in the music section under SynthFX

http://www.deved-portal.com/smd3d

Development & Editting
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 12:22 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2011 16:35
Oh that's nice. I only was able to create some sort of machine gun sound, which was rather simple, but the program seems to have much more potential... given that you know what you're doing.

And I'm not sure why, but for me the scrollbars at the top look like this:

And at first I didn't even realize that there was more to select, until I loaded your sifi-shot example.

Edit: The gray boxes, used to offset the 3 window-buttons in the top right corner, are not the problem I was talking about (btw that solution is quite funny ) - what I meant were these scrollbars right to the three listboxes, used to select the instruments etc. They awake the impression that scrolling down is not possible.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 14:47
darn...lol

It has to do with the windows color setting.
it works perfectly on mine cause i copied it. Its a trick to get buttons on the other side of the tool bar but they will not be visible if i first detect the windows color first.

Ill fix it... or at least try to.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 00:02
oddly that problem has to do with your windows theme... or blue giu? If you change your theme it should look different. I was more concerned about the boxes across the top...lol

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 00:31
Well these toolbar-icons aren't much of a problem, they just look funny.

One thing I noticed when using the program was that most instruments (apart from a few exceptions) sound extremely similar. As far as I remember, that was different in QMidi. Maybe I'm just a bit over-sensitive, but I was quite surprised that there are so many names for seemingly the same instrument.
I'll see if I can get some sounds done (I mean, there's not a single sound-effect in my current project), but probably not before next week.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 19:07 Edited at: 5th Feb 2011 21:19
Alot of the base instruments in the standard midi library do sound the same unless you have a sound blaster live model. If you have one of those the instruments all very alot better. Anyways ill get back to coding and get the wav recording function in there. And ill see if i can release it with 100 sound fx pre made.... this will help others see how they are made.

Any requests for sfx? ill try my best! I do have a good idea on making a bunch of them already from bouncing sounds to shooting and exploding

edit: i just updated the software.... please redownload it.

If you made any sound fx with the prevoius release you will need to alter the tempo playback as i modified the range by 10 times.
All that is left to code is the wav recorder and the box glitch should be fixed..... im crossing my fingers.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 05:40
Ok!

Program is done!

Enjoy!

Download from top link!

Added:
-Now records wav
-drumkit added

thats it

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 06:31
This looks interesting. I'll check it out.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 14:37
"Mr Kohlenstoff"

the latest update ..... does it remove the funny looking boxes across the top of the screen?

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 15:28
Quote: "the latest update ..... does it remove the funny looking boxes across the top of the screen?"

No, they're still there. I'm really sorry, causing problems is not what I usually do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 17:54:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 17:54:02