Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Why are the textures not displaying on my .x or .dbo objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I'm remotely new to Dark GDK 3D Programming and I have been trying to load a test building into my game world, but all that is displayed is a white figure. Why are the textures not displaying on the object?

Here is the code i'm using ( it's just for testing purposes sorry for the sloppyness)

All is revealed with time.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 23:13

That code would go after you load and position your object.

negi
Years of Service
User Offline
I did it like this,

but it still didn't work. I must be missing somthing.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 00:14
All depending on which modelling program your exporting your models from, '.x' files should have their textures in the same directory. Some exporters place them into a different folder which displays no textures in GDK. The same may be the same for '.dbo' files. After finding that out with '.x' files I've always had the textures saved to the same directory as the '.dbo' files too. Check your exporter to see if you can place them into the same directory.

Warning! May contain Nuts!
negi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you fore your help i was able to figure it out. the picture foremat i was using isn't supported by Dark GDK.

Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 08:49
also, remember .stf files are not supported by gdk. make sure your textures are in .bmp or .jpg format. for .dbo and .x files, you do not need to call the dbTextureObject method. the dbLoadObject textures the model if the textures are in the correct path.

hi

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 15:25:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 15:25:53