Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Time Front Discount Release - IndiMasters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2011 20:09
That is very odd. Are you sure that when you installed the update it was in the same folder as the first version? Because the "Failed to Open ZIP" error sounds like it was not able to access the files.
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 04:37 Edited at: 26th Feb 2011 04:40
XD It's telling me I've been permanently banned for using an illegal key code although it never gave me a chance to input one!

It might have to do with launching an out of date version once(99.0.0)

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 04:46
Hey guys I'm online if anyone wants to play!
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 06:03 Edited at: 26th Feb 2011 06:07
Quote: "XD It's telling me I've been permanently banned for using an illegal key code although it never gave me a chance to input one!

It might have to do with launching an out of date version once(99.0.0)"

That would do it! It's because the old version had the old key, and so the server thought you were trying to make one up. I'll take care of it.

EDIT: Actually, 99.0.0 wouldn't make it do that. If you had the old beta version (like .98) before this new release, that would do it. 99.0.0 and greater well never cause that happen. You may need to uninstall, delete all folders that are left behind (very important), then reinstall 99.0.0, then update to 99.1.1. If you lost the installer to 99.0.0 and don't want to download it again, email me and I'll show you another way.
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 07:06 Edited at: 26th Feb 2011 07:11
Yup that worked, although I'm having some trouble getting into the server. Got a connection failed error a few times, when I got through it gave me a "file missing" error of some sort and when I was in successfully it booted me back to main menu after a few minutes.

From what I saw however, the game is pretty close to a final state bar a few network things.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 07:57
Yeah permanently delete Time Front with the Uninstaller and reinstall with new download but make sure its all gone even the folder. Then it should work.

@ General Jackson

I will get on tomorrow.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 10:06
Quote: "Yup that worked, although I'm having some trouble getting into the server. Got a connection failed error a few times, when I got through it gave me a "file missing" error of some sort and when I was in successfully it booted me back to main menu after a few minutes.

From what I saw however, the game is pretty close to a final state bar a few network things."

Hmm, sorry you had all that trouble. My server must have went down or something, that's why you would be booted to the menu. Hopefully I can work those things out.

Quote: "I will get on tomorrow."

I'll try to get a server up throughout the day tomorrow.
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 14:39
I think my server is online... maybe. I'm not home, so I can't check it though.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 22:10
I'm online guys

Someone come on...
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 01:03 Edited at: 27th Feb 2011 01:18
I'm on come play!

Edit: Something with the movement seems off in this new beta, it's a bit jerky, especially when jumping or going down hills. Even stranger I noticed that when shooting certain things the screen would start shaking quite violently. Love the new Oasis map btw.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 01:30
Hmm, it seems that everyone comes online when I am AFK.

Thanks Satchmo. I think one other person had that shaking bug before, so I'll try to figure it out.
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 01:51 Edited at: 27th Feb 2011 01:51
I'm glad to see that there's another server up, I had to take mine down.

I'm on if anyone wants to play...

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 05:49 Edited at: 27th Feb 2011 05:50
Oops, wrong thread. >.>

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 21:52
We could get on right now but srry about yesterday GJ got an unexpected trip.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2011 08:46
So it seems that people have been getting on, but all at different times.

This week I'm going to see about putting up a demo and also fixing some bugs people have with loading the game. Maybe then we can get more people online together and play some games. I'll keep you posted.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 09:42
Ok, the demo is up! Check it out:

http://indimasters.com/timefrontdemo.html
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 19:28
So, we all seem to be on different time schedules, and there aren't yet enough players for someone to always be on. I was thinking that maybe we should schedule a game time and all get on then.

Just post here when is the next time you will be available. I will be available to play about 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM Pacific Time.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 23:14
I will get on at 5:00 PM

zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 23:46
@Uncle Sam: Just bought the game, looking forward to trying it out when I get off work.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 00:22
yay! More peeps

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 01:06
Hmm I cant use online for some reason because its says I need Update 9.0.0.1 or something like that.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 02:07 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2011 02:57
Quote: "@Uncle Sam: Just bought the game, looking forward to trying it out when I get off work."

Thanks zapakitul. I hope you enjoy it.

Quote: "Hmm I cant use online for some reason because its says I need Update 9.0.0.1 or something like that."

That means you need to update the game.

http://indimasters.com/updates.html

Server is up. I'm connected to it, but I may not respond immediately. However, feel free to join and play around. If enough people join it will exit warm-up mode and the game will start.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 02:57
ok im on!

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 03:14
server crashed?

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 03:16
Yeah. It's a bug that happens every once in awhile. Something starts an endless loop on the server that also freezes up all the clients. I will try to figure this one out. I re-hosted.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 03:18
kk

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 09:51
Had some server down-time today. At some point tomorrow (can't say when) a server will be up.
DarkByNight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 10:30
Just ordered the game!
Now to see if it will run on this low end connection from the other side of the world.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 22:19 Edited at: 6th Mar 2011 22:19
Thanks man! I've verified the order. I hope it downloads quick enough for you. The download sever is really fast (it takes just 5 mins or less for me), but that depends on your internet too.

There's also a server up so people can play.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2011 01:04
Hey sam get on MSN I need to tell you something important!

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2011 01:20
Hey man. I actually have to run because I have to be somewhere in just a few mins. But if you email it to me I'll check it in a bit.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2011 21:17 Edited at: 9th Mar 2011 21:21
For people who want to play, a server should be up almost all of today.

EDIT: If you just bought the game and no one is online to play with, at least you can join and check things out (like the weapons). Just suicide yourself (fall off the map or in the water) to re-spawn with a new weapon in warm-up mode. Hopefully soon we can get a lot of people online.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2011 23:03
I prob gunna get on today

DarkByNight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 07:39 Edited at: 10th Mar 2011 07:44
Well, I am quite disapointed I can't play your game, but it wasn't unexpected.
Your game pretty much killed my laptop. Loading took maybe 10 minutes (Because of the latency) and when I "got in game" I could hear the music and see parts of a brick wall but the screen was flickering like crazy and it was just frozen, had to open my task manager and force quit.
PS: My laptop is quite good, it was a top of the range gaming computer back in the day and can still play most of the newer games.

EDIT: Validating my key and refreshing the server list took milliseconds, so the central server must be quite fast!
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 09:16
Wow. That's not good! I'm sorry it isn't working for you. I'm glad the server is working fast, but that means nothing if you can't play. What are your laptop specifications?

In this case, you can certainly have your money back if it will not run on your machine. Just send an email to sales (at) indimasters (dot) com and I'll work it out. I'm sorry and disappointed that there are problems for you.
DarkByNight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 09:35
Don't worry about it! I said I'd buy it at release even if I couldn't play. Great things like these should certinately be supported in my opinion!
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2011 07:02
Haha, thanks man. I really appreciate it. Just let me know if you change your mind. Hopefully that bug won't happen to anyone else.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 12:03
long time since i visited here.. i usually only hang out in geek culture and 3d forums.... well,
Quote: "Thank you for your input. I'm always trying to improve the game to get it to the quality people expect today. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the game, please email them to me at info (at) indimasters (dot) com and I will check them out. "

I would say the graphics overall and animations are, in all due honestly, not pleasant to look at. Textures are very messy and models could use a few polygons. Animations are extremely stiff, especially close combat.
I can however believe, that if it got better attack animations in melee, and the textures became easier on the eyes i could probably buy this for a good 5$^^
I am by no means, no means at all implying that the game is bad in any sort, especially considering you are an indie game creator, more or less, and, i believe this was all made by you?

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 12:49
@Quik Check the WIP thread! The game came a long way! I'm sure Uncle Sam will keep on improving it, and with money from a few sales, he could get some new models and textures. The mechanics till now, are quite fine!
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 04:24
Thanks zapakitul. I appreciate the support.

Unfortunately, I have to tell everyone that I am discontinuing Time Front. The problem is that there are just not enough people interested in this type of game right now, so it's not fair to the few people who bought it who have no one to play with. There's also not enough income for me to keep the server up. Even during the free beta there were never more than 5 people online.

I've sent an email to all buyers with instructions on how to get a full refund. Sorry for the inconvenience. To make up for it I included a little surprise in the email.

That said, I don't think I've wasted my time. My skills have only improved, and I'm very proud of my work. My business is by no means kicking the bucket. It shouldn't be too long until I release my next project, which will be much smaller and much more thought-out. And I wouldn't be surprised if, someday soon, I release Time Front for free.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this project. I really appreciated everything you did to help it along. I especially thank Josh Mooney, Blobby101, Gorlocks, Emminent, The Nerd, Satchmo, General Jackson, and of course Agent Dink, who started this project with me about five years ago (though I started over alone since then). It's been fun! (sorry if I missed anyone)

UncleSam
DarkByNight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 09:20
I wish you all the best with your new project and am saddened to see timefront die (Or atleast, hybernate. )
I am sorry I couldn't help you continue this exciting project but hey, I need to move to bangkok for that to happen. The internet speeds in northern thailand are horrific.
So I had both the good and bad today, a game that deserved every honor dies, and my first game just got published. T'is a balance I guess.
Enough of my ranting, I can't wait to see what you cook up next!
Good luck!
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 21:08
Haha, thanks a lot. I understand the internet issue.

I'm interested in seeing your game. Is it on the forums?
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 21:29
Shame, I'm sure whatever your next project is will be just as good! As I've said before, if you want any other graphics/models or anything just ask

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 21:38
Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm also really sorry that I wasn't able to host a server for you...

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 22:18
Quote: "Shame, I'm sure whatever your next project is will be just as good! As I've said before, if you want any other graphics/models or anything just ask"

That'd be great. Sorry that some of the work you did isn't going to be used. The website, however, is staying up, so that's definitely not wasted.

Quote: "Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm also really sorry that I wasn't able to host a server for you.."

Hey, don't worry about it. I figured out a way to work it out so there was a server available for people to join. The problem was really that there weren't enough players, and I don't blame people. There are too many shooters out there right now, and it's tough to grab people's attention. I personally think (and I know people have said this too) that my game is a lot of fun, but I will have to be creative with my next project in order to compete.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
So it wouldn't be possible to expand the game a bit by adding bots? You could still keep this game alive if you add bots so that when there are less than a certain number of players in the server bots would be added in to keep a "constant" combat going. If you did that i'm sure your game's user base would grow as it becomes more known over time.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 12:30
in all honestly, a game like this NEEDS bots tosurvive =P

[Q]uik, Quiker than most

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:44:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:44:39