Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparky collision normal y, jittering my camera.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2011 11:33
Hi guys,

Ok. I just want you guys to check whats the problem in the code.
When i collide with my terrain's{ter} verticle wall, it jitters up and down my camera(FPS). Is there any way to stop that but still need to collide with a wall perpendiculer and any thing of 0-70 degree must be passable(can jump over it like stairs).
P.S. Check the jump too if its realistic or not.

ALLAH IS THE GREATEST
May he forgive me
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2011 22:25
I've not tried your code yet with anything I've got yet but I found that with my recent code using Sparkys the camera jittered when going down a slope using gravity control. The only way around my problem was to increase gravity.

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Neotron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2011 08:06
Umm tried the gravity but still nothing. Ok just let me get this straight.I have a level i which there walls and land and some slopes.Now the camera just walks over the land and on the slopes just as i wanted but when it touches the wall it starts climbing it in one frame and gets down on another.It just vibrates or jitters the camera when i hit a wall.

Oh the wall is purely 90 degree perpendicular.

ALLAH IS THE GREATEST
May he forgive me
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 17:31
I've yet to implement the NormalY in my code yet but 90 degree walls haven't caused me any problems (anything less than that the object climbs it). All my movement is object based and the camera just follows it after all the calculations are finished. You can download my full project from the code base to compare the difference between yours and mine. Although there's a line missing that updates the players collision so the player doesn't get hit. I'll upload the new project once I've put the NormalY code in.

From what I've sussed with NormalY is 1.0 is flat ground and anything less than 0.7 would be too steep a slope.

Warning! May contain Nuts!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 15:15:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 15:15:54