Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Lord of the Rings. Two Towers - PS2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm. I love the film, the problem is ive seen the film over and over. You get lots of parts of the film played as you go through the game. Which I guess is kind of cool, but it kind of reminded me that I wont be replying this farce after an hour. Graphics are very very cool, but the gameplay eek. With the elf an a bow it was really hard, couldnt see the mobs that I was shootin at, due to really poor camera angles. Some of the tweaks were very nice like shotting an arrow and you get a great arrow shaft veiw as t flys. Its like playing a game with amazing graphics but under neath is a cheapy combat system. Seen it, done it, glad I rented it.

Hats off for the atmosphere, go try again with the gameplay. Come on, buying moves that will keep the roleplayers happy no? lol

if you got a PC try out Age of Mythology now thats a game (part from a few annoying hero deaths )
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 01:30
I disagree. The way the film footage morphed into the machinima was sweet, but the gameplay was great too. It's a short game, but it's rather hard to play. You are delivered onto a disillusioned battlefield - do you expect a walk in the park? Everything's happening around you and it's really absorbing.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Didnt play them game for fancy morphing between the movie and the game. I rented the title to see if it was worth buying. I guess if you like simple beatum ups with take out the big badiee youll like it. Or if you love fancy eyecandy youll also like it. reminded more of Dead or alive 2 than lord of the rings. (I hated dead or alive btw )

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 13:56
Well, it's not a game to buy. Certainly not. You can complete it in a day.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 16:30
I had trouble keeping awake through the film - and I reserve that sort of treatment to 2001 and Star Trek:The Motion Picture

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 16:46
Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza, The Lord of the Rings are clear exemples of games u should not buy

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 17:57
i still think Die Hard was good
but not as good as Vengance that is just awesome

TLOR... sorry but this is a title which was clearly made in a hurry just for the film and wasn't thought about very well.
Poor Models, Poor Gameplay, Poor Collision, I kinda thought the length was demo size
Textures and effects were fantastic thou
(doesn't make the game, but will mean alot of people will buy it for christmas and take it back on boxing day)

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 18:05
Yeah, I kinda like Die Hard, I just criticize it a lot because was expensive, very demanding for the PC's ( memories + nice graphic card ) and the graphics are so poor But the game is very funny to play. And it's better then Half-Life everyone loves. I cannot understand what peoples see in Half-Life :S For me is just a game very bugged which makes loads of money due a great mod, Counter-Strike. And even so, the creators still did not fix a 5 years old bug if u use alt+tab. When I started to learn DirectX programming, the first thing they teach us to do is to create a "Restore" Function in the case u lose the surfaces ( like alt+tab ). Seems like the programers from Sierra are suckers on it.

LOTR is really a game just took the wave of the movie to make some profits of it. The collisions are quite funny, if u try to search the maps very well after mushrooms or items( as sneaking in the corners ) u may get stucked... The camera gets really cofused if u are in tight places...lol. But, it's far better then Final Fantasy... At least they were trying to make something diferent than the old battle engine which has over 10 years... Just improve graphics and sound. The game is the same s*it. I just cannot play FF anymore....BORING.

-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 19:03
dont' ask me about the Half-Life hype, i got it in '96 before it became like "Game of the Year" and i got Quake2 the same week along with Klingon Honour Guard and GTA hahaa (was quite a busy week for my wallet)

I dunno the engine was remarkable, seeing as it was technically the Quake engine which was enhanced and met head to head in power with Quake2.
DirectX is quite buggy for it, and Software is considerably slow - quite funny if you think about it as Valve are all EX-Microsoft Employees hahaa.

As for the Final Fantasies, all the battle systems of the english/european version have been different - but keeping along the same lines.
Might just be the fact of fans, but personally I think the best one was FFIX's system ... as it wasn't too simple like FF VII, wasn't hyper complex like FF VIII and well god knows what they were smoking to come up with FFX's!!

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 21:26
heheh I just loved ur dancing dude

-- Rogue
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 22:55
Mirthlin: Machinama is a program, or rather a set of programs. It isn't really meant as a term... although it does sorta fit.
And I agree about that Star Trek/2001 stuff.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 23:54
ohhh, from where I heard it, they described it as multi-platform. It's not fmv, 'cause that's a movie, but rather 'in-game cutscenes'. The differences is that it's happening now, not being pre-rendered. They even gave a phoenetic representation. It goes like..

mah-sheen-ih-mah.

The reason I thought it was a general term is that machinima does actually exist in more than one program/a suite of programs. Any 3D models that are being controlled by the player or the computer, including lighting and shadows is machinima. The pre-rendered stuff is just a movie.

The Final Fantasy series (7 to 10) has blended machinima and fmv excellently. When you're in Balamb GARDEN as Squall Leonhart, you control the low-poly, grainy character whilst beautiful backdrops are playing away. This is why the FF series (apart from 10) never had dynamic camera angles.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 10:54
Machinima is a program... and a pretty cool band.
Really can't be bothered to explain why the way you guys why it isn't called Machinima - just gonna let ya'll find that out on your own.

Still gonna say the game was a rushed mess'd, and the whole Development Team should hang thier heads in shame.

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 20:21
If machinima is a program, then why does it exist in every on-the-spot 3d rendered program alive?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 00:18
gonna let you guys figure it out for once...
there is oftenly a reason for everything, but remember there are alot of terms that have been misconstrude - and people have taken something and made it out to be something, when really is something completely different
i'm sure some will make sense of that, if you don't then ho well keep calling it Machinima

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 02:22
O_O i think that the two towers looks pretty good...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:38:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:38:05