Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Particles Fade Out

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm creating a basic prototype of a 3D Zero-G Space Flight game and have questions about Particles.

So far I've got a Particle Trail made by moving the dbPositionParticleEmit() position to the player. Problem is that the particles disappear instead of fading out. Any ideas on how to make the particles fade out when they "die"?

Thanks,

Silver
Yero008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 14:29
Have you tried
void dbSetParticleLife ( int ParticleNumber, int LifePercentage )
?
iSilver
Years of Service
User Offline
I have dbSetParticleLife ( int ParticleNumber, int LifePercentage ) set to LifePercentage = 20.

This function only tells GDK when to disappear the particles, unfortunately doesn't tell them to fade when disappearing.

Thanks for your reply, though. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 11:35
I'm afraid it is not possible to fade particles with the in-built particle system.
You must build or use a custom particle system that allows fading of the particles, there should be some samples in the Code Snippets section...

iSilver
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much for the reply.

Would you think that DarkPhysics will be able to do the particle fade? I've been doing some stuff with Collision, and SC_Collision is crashing for me in certain instances for no reason. Trying to see if I should buy DarkPhysics.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2011 12:50
I don't think DarkPhysics is managing any particle fade out, but you should ask that in the DarkPhysics forum...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 15:30:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 15:30:58