Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBP U7.7RC6] DBPro shadows and fog won't work together

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 15:09 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 00:57
Shadows and fog do not seem to work correctly together.

A related problem was raised some time ago by Olby in this thread:

problems with shadows and fog

His thread suggests that they worked together until he included a ghosted object (see his sample code).

However, it now seems they don't work together at all (I'm using U7.7RC6).

Here's the code I'm using. Notice how the shadows in the foreground are affected by the fog color. They shouldn't be.

Edit This seems to be a new problem introduced by a recent update. The code works fine on my version of U7.5. I've noted this on the U7.7 upgrade thread.
Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 17:43
Yes this works fine with U7.6. So it must have been a recent update.

However, with your code it works fine. But I tested Olby code, and it is still not fixed yet.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 13:48
The latest RC (RC7) has made matters worse. Spooky's shadow demo doesn't work at all now when the shader option is used - that worked perfectly without fog in RC6.
GeeBee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 22:10 Edited at: 18th Sep 2011 13:58
[EDIT] Ignore all my foolishness below - I wasn't on SP1. Having now installed SP1 for Win7 64bit, I get the problem of no shadows at all, even with fog off.

Not sure if this helps with fixing this reported bug or if it is different altogether.

Compiled under 7.7RC7 I DO get shadows and fog working fine when my (grass) statics engine turned off. Fog is off in the distance, so not visible in the example image.

However, when the statics are turned on(transparent crossed plains), shadows disappear!

See split screen attachment.

Still checking to see if I can find a cause / workaround.

Habits can get you into trouble sometimes (unless you are a nun....)

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:08:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:08:44