Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Synth Launcher

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 17:59 Edited at: 25th Feb 2011 20:32
What is the Synth-Launcher?

General:
The Synth-Launcher is a game launcher with the aim to combine social networking, gaming and music with a clean and easy to use user-interface.

Social Networking:
You need a free profile in order to use the launcher. The profile allows you to set the visibility of any information to public or personal. Public informations are visible for every user while personal informations are just visible for your friends. Feel free to chat with other users in personal and public chat-rooms to stay in touch with the community and your friends. The clean interface allows you to join games of your friends or invite other players to your game as well as adding friends and blocking annoying users with just a few clicks.

Gaming:
The launcher provides games, based on the Tear-Engine, that are linked to the launcher. This allows you to use features of the launchers in any of this games. An other aspect is that you are able to add any other game to the library. They are not linked to the launcher and won’t share any features with it but gives you a place where all your games are listed. If you don’t know what to play you will be able to use a small gadget that launches a randomly selected game.

Music:
The small music application allows you to make own play-lists of your favorite songs that can be used in any Tear-Engine based games. You don’t need to minimize the game to change the music you are listening to, all you have to do is to open up the music tab in the game or just use configured hotkeys.

Interface:
The style of the interface looks familiar to any smart phone users out there. Smart-phones grant easy access to every feature and tool and that’s the aim of the Synth-Launcher. Putting as many tools and features as possible on a small window without stressing the user. The launcher allows you to use your own skins and wallpaper to offer a huge variety of design.

Tear Engine
The Tear Engine is basically a library with functions for DBPro. It's currently being developed and got functions for menus, graphics, network, AI and data saving. It also provides own content ranging from objects to sounds. I might give more informations about the engine soon.

----------------------------------------------------------

But first of all I'd like to share some screen shots of the launcher with you.

The login:

The general menu:

the console:

The Auto-Updater: [Added 2-25-2011]
I'll modify the look of it soon.

[Edit]
I want to give some information about about the progress of the project. To simplify such a status I'll give you a public to do list.

Auto-Patcher [Modified: 2-24-2011 ]
Planning
General setup
Login-System
Registration
Status update
Music controls
Console [base]
Console Commands
Music-App
Chat
Store-App
Settings-App
Games-App
Network-App

---------------------------------
= Not started yet
= Work in progress
= Done
---------------------------------

That's it for now, feel free to follow me on Twitter. (http://twitter.com/Synth_Cecrit)
or to visit my blog. (http://synth-tech.tumblr.com/)
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 18:26
lol

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 20:55
Quote: "lol"

What? I don't get it. I thought it looked interesting, even though, at least in my case, unneccesary. The GUI is very nice, and it sounds as if it was - in theory - very useful. Not sure about the Social Networking aspect, but the rest is certainly a good idea.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 21:11
Quote: "What? I don't get it."

You probably got here after the mod approved his post When a newcomer posts something, and then edits it, you can post here with your post showing up first, that's why I posted "lol"

@ Synth_Cecrit

Sorry for that, now that I can see your post, I can safely say that this looks very promising, and has some good potential Very nice, keep up the good work!

Lol, the first time I looked at the screenshot, I was like "WOAH man awesumz graphix man!!", but then I saw it was only a picture

TheComet

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 21:44
a social network made in dbpro? let me click "i like it!"

Ciao facce da sedere!
Synth_Cecrit
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your comments.
I have to add that this launcher won't be based on a social network it will just have some aspects of it. It's up to every user which information he wants to share. The small displaymode [450 x 600] does not allow too many information at once which keeps the screen clean. the chats are opened in an other instance so that you can use the launcher and chat with other users at the same time. It is supposed to be a all in one launcher. You stay in touch with other users, you have all your games at one place and you can listen to music. As I said in my previous post there will be a 'shop' which contains future projects of me [free | premium].
I'm planning to give every user the opportunity to sell there own games at that shop. But that will be hard so its just a plan for now.

- Update -
I just got a ftp server ready for an auto-updater

Cheers
Synth_Cecrit
Years of Service
User Offline
Plans on the store
The store will feature my future projects(free / pay) as well as projects of other users. Every user gets a bit of a testing server where he can upload his games/software (limited space). If we accept the software it will be released. The user will be able to get paid with credits for his software but that is not recommended until I get a system working which allows you to get dollars for you credits (won't be easy).
Warning: you will lose about 10% of the price, so that we can afford the server. For example.. if you sell your game for 10 credits, you will earn 9 credits with each copy sold.
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 04:31
So, it's like Steam?

Synth_Cecrit
Years of Service
User Offline
In a way that's right but I want to give everyone the chance to publish their games in an easy way. It neither makes a difference what type of game it is nor how good it is. As long as it's legal and appropriate (no virus or harmful stuff).
Synth_Cecrit
Years of Service
User Offline
Due to some business the progress is a bit slow. But I'm working on the friend system by reworking the status drop box. To add a friend you need to know his/her E-Mail adress. To add a contact you need to add the character code because names are not unique. The character code is like an icq number.
As soon as I'm done with that and got time, I will present the friend system.

further plans:
after adding the basic game selection I'll release an alpha version so that you don't have to rely on pics.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:37:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:37:05