Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / weird stuff...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2002 02:10
I've literally just upgraded from the old Darkbasic to the pro version and within just a few hours I've hit numerous problems, I'm not new to coding as I've been using DB for over a year now, but DBPro is a little bit, well, weird...

Every time I use the sprite command to create a sprite it takes the 320/240 image and shrinks it into a square about 128/128 within a 320/240 black box, anyone else had similar problems?

Does anyone actually understand the particle systems? They seem rather barbaric and insane to me!

What happened to the poly-mesh-deform systems I heard were in DBPro? I can't find them!

Does anyone else think the help files are a little of the vague side?

Any help would be appreciated.

Avan
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 03:26
I don't know about the sprites, but from what I have seen the particle system is great!
The poly mesh deform systems would logically use the same commands to animate the mesh by deformation or by translation...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Darkmagic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 15:44
Yes I have had the same problem with sprites. I only get about 1/4 to 1/5 of my image displayed as a sprite (& it also appears in a black box)

What is going on ?

Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2002 01:37
My problem is I'm running a 3dfx card, it's only directx 8.0 compatible through 3rd party drivers so technically I shouldn't be running DBPro. It also means any bugs I find I can't report because they could easily be through incompatability with my system. But as I'm not the only one with the sprite problem it might be worth mentioning, if I knew where to send bug reports that is...

Erm, rapscallion, you say there are commands to animate a mesh by deformation, either I'm blind or they're not there because I can't find them... Any help on poly-mesh-deform would be much appreciated.

I also found that objects didn't link limbs correctly, could someone else check with an object to make sure limb linking does (or doesn't) work, so I can tell if this problem is just my system or if it's something within DBPro?

Thanks for any help.

Avan

You may scream when I get back...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:59:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:59:07