Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Help - Multiple Textures on one object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I need help. I can't figure out how to texture a model with more than one image. Like I have a model that I want to use, and it has a head texture and a body texture. How do I apply them both to the object? Sample Code would be appreciated.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Most 3d modeling programs will let you do it, though it would probably be easiest if you put all the textures into a single image and then used a UV mapping program to place the it. One I used to use (though I never got any good at it) was called LithUnwrap. It's been discontinued, but after a little googling you should be able to find a download for it. Check download.com first, they're a reputable site.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Also if the head and body are 2 different limbs, using DBC code you can texture each limb separately.

Texture Limb <obj>,<limbnum>,<imagenum>

Enjoy your day.
computerkid
Years of Service
User Offline
Can anyone provide sample code for an entire simple game that uses multiple textures on an object?
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
This isn't a game, but it shows the concept of using DBC code to texture limbs with separate images. It may not help you until you understand the concept of a limb. There are several examples and discussions on these forums if you search:

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 13:51:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 13:51:10