Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / dudes or fellow x10 users. the fog colour reset under water, is it all or is it just my x10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have lodged a report of under water fog colour, my under water fog resets to royal blue no matter what and i just built the level so i could see if it was just during the testing and nope, it is the same on builds so no matter what the fog colour is a shocking blue.

is this with every ones x10 or is it just mine?

answer here or go and add to the error report on fpsc bug reports

cheers

s.b.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 11:46
there are 2 settings, you can change it both...
1) underwater colour
2) fog colour.

just change both to what you need and it's the same.

regards,

[href]http://tbhproductions.com[/href]
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
i have set above and below, but every time you reload a saved map the settings above water are fine great and how you had set them, and water level etc. the same for underwater colour every thing seems to be set how saved except for the fog colour underwater, it seems when i lower down into the water the fog colour jumps to royal blue no matter what.

i will try it on a few tests
just to make sure
cheers

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 17:39
There is a trick to fix this.

I can't remember the precise ordering of it but basically you have to change the color of the water to black. However, you have to do this while you are above water. So, bring up your level in test mode, press tab, lower the water til it goes below the ground level you are currently on, change the water color and underwater color to black. Bring the water level back up. Esc out, reload and tada!

It's goofy buy yeah, I've been through this process a few times. Man, it is ridiculous to think how many hours I have logged in x10 in just the last 6 months.... In fact, my 5 year old is downstairs on another computer building a game level in fpsc. lol
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
cheers dudes, i will give it a crack, 5 year olds love making games on this, i wish we had this back then, i remember having gac on c64 in the 80s
gac ( graphic adventure creator)

and shoot em up construction kit they rocked but were limited and very obvious.

but all the same good, so to have this now, is a piece of heaven.

anywya will get back to you on this

cheers
s.b.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
nope i do what was said and myentire x10 shuts down, so that does not work when re loading

it works when you change it during testing and the under water fog remains black. until you reload the map again and as soon as you go into water the fog colour is blue again, and for reasons unknown i did what you said and it freezesit totally, and so reload and hey presto blue again.

i have written a mail to the hq hoping that a small fix beta or something as it is original sourceand needs to be sorted really as my deep sea dive is useless without underwater fog remaining the set chosen colour.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
here is how it should look

Attachments

Login to view attachments
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 02:46 Edited at: 15th Mar 2011 02:47
and how it looks if make a stand alone or just reloaded in tester

never been in the sea and seen it that colour before, especially in deep sea.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 08:22
is this a bioshock kinda game ?
cool hud,

anyway. try to reinstall DirectX10 or fps creator X10. this would help. also I had this problem myself. try to uninstall fpscX9 if you have it. and make the underwater colour clear (just a neutral colour)

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 15:01 Edited at: 15th Mar 2011 15:09
cheers, i sent off to the google fix its, to see if they can do a quick fix, if ya want the fully working diving kit with a selection of huds and the script just ask, no copyrights etc. just do not sellit as your own, its one for the x10 ers. and before anyone says anything it took me a long time and heaps of faffing to get this working properly, i still think there are a few errors, but i have a zoom attachment to it and will add gun attachments etc. i made it an upgradable dive suit. but as said not 100 percent yet, but also i can tell you how to make that hud also in paint net. i have no issues if anyone dares to say i nicked any of it!

anyway i have not created a game type yet, the design was that i wanted to make more use of the water system rather than running oput of air and quick swims, plus all the sharks etc, it was either a suit or a mini sub, so as i am ye olde type of game maker opted for dive suit. i reckon though with this formula could make a submarine hud or something with added sound just remove the on/off button in my case is h for helmet, with working on/off oxygen too.

anyway lots of possibles

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 16:07
Hi Science Boy,

Would it be useful for me to send you a map with the water "working" (i.e. not all blue and bloomed out)? Should I post it here or send it privately?

Also, I would love the diving kit!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
i will send it via email if ok and prob best do it via email with basic blocks which come with the game ie grass segments then no copyright infringements, then i will send you the hud and scripts etc.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
if you want the kit just drop me your emails. link at bottom here

biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2011 00:15
I want the kit
email: dennis@tbhproductions.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:41:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:41:36