Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Two player split screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey peeps, just wondering how (if you can) make a 2 player split screen game in the gdk? I am currently working on a flying game as a racer.

I originally wanted it to be AI controlled but darkAI doesn't work too well for me so I thought it would be easier to do 2 player. Anyway, I had a quick look in the documentation but I can't see anything about split screen so maybe I missed it or just didn't type it correctly. If anyone can give me some advice that would be great =]

Cheers,

Cas.
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 09:33
Quote: "Anyway, I had a quick look in the documentation but I can't see anything about split screen so maybe I missed it or just didn't type it correctly. "

Slow it down a tad, LOL. Its in the Camera Section.

dbMakeCamera This command will create a new camera for the 3D scene. You can position this camera anywhere in the scene and alter the output view of this camera using the dbSetCameraView command. Syntax:

dbSetCameraView This command will set the viewport of the camera. The viewport is the actual area on screen where all 3D is drawn. The default viewport area is the entire screen, but can be specified using this command. Syntax:

Cas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 18:36 Edited at: 6th Mar 2011 18:39
I tried doing it with those commands and it all goes a little strange. If I don't make a camera then it works for about 3 seconds then crashes my game. If it doesn't crash it all it does is distort across my game screen. If I do make a camera then it doesn't appear until I start turning and after I turn so much it disappears again...

Not too sure why this is happening. Any ideas?
Cas
Years of Service
User Offline
Never mind, sorted it out now.
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2011 06:30
Quote: "Never mind, sorted it out now. "
Can you elaborate on how you did so?

Cas
Years of Service
User Offline
Basically my when I tried to set up my screen the camera didn't appear anywhere. So I tried to make it be placed where my model was (which I now know was why the camera was moving). I then changed it again and managed to get it in the right positions for both first and second players. It just takes a little adjusting to get the cameras in the right position. Oddly though, I cannot have it exactly at the edge of the screen because it disappears so I have to place it one pixel to the right and one pixel down...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 15:27:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 15:27:37