Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Exporting to .X With Blender Issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I am currently enrolled in a grade 12 computer science class in high school and our only project is to create one big game. My group has decided to work with 3D and Dark GDK seemed like the best place to go. Blender was appealing to me and the group members when we discovered the basics on how to start using it. I have been finding open source Blender models on the internet and there was a particular model which seemed appealing for a main character. The problem is, when I export it to Direct X, everything goes wrong. First off, I have made some basic animations and exported them with the model. I opened the .X file in Direct X and the animations were all there. When I loaded it into Dark GDK (set the Loop, set the speed of the animation) it didn't seem to work at all (the arms move occasionally). The second issue is that the character is completely untextured. I am really in experienced with this and short answers really seem to whiz right past me in this department. If anyone has a forum or web page to direct me to or even better, can answer my questions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Neotron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2011 10:43
Well i can help you with a little a bit with the animations.
The object loop command doesn't work right in darkGDKso try making a loop with a increamenting variable and use dbSetObjectFrame(ID,Frame);
And the increamenting variable is Frame.

Oh and i am having a problem but its with 3ds max 8 panda exporter.And it too has texturing problems.PLUS ITS NOT EXPORTING ANIMATIONS!!!!!!!!!

ALLAH IS THE GREATEST
May he forgive me
Zerilis
Years of Service
User Offline
So there are 60 frames in my object's animation span so would it look something like this?
for(int i = 0; i < 60, i++)
{
dbSetObjectFrame (1, i);
}
When you go to export there might be a checkbox for animations hidden somewhere on the screen, that's what it was like with Blender.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 15:17:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 15:17:51