Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Butterflies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 11:41
Hey all. In my spare time, what little of it I get, I like to create my own style of sounds and music. This is one of my newest creations I've called "Butterflies". My wife came up with the name and said that when she hears the track she thinks of butterflies. This is in WMA format.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kamakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2011 13:30
If those that download and listen to the song posted above would give some feedback...I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 00:49
I happen to like it. It strikes me as good background music, rather than a stand-alone. I wouldn't directly jump to an image of butterflies if you had not mentioned your wife's impression, but it seems that it could very well inspire that image in folks who happen to like butterflies and harbor good images of them. It seems to suggest motion and nature, and might well provoke others to imagine a mother bird bringing food to the nest and feeding the baby, or human children at play, or even an experience of seeing no other moving being at all but rather slowly shifting your vision as you walk about a natural scene. There is definitely nature in it, to me. Thank you for sharing it.
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 01:03
As an afterthought, I was wondering what, if any, images you may have had in mind while composing it. This is, strictly speaking, not a legitimate question in evaluating it (called "intentional fallacy"), but I was curious.
Kamakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 14:46 Edited at: 19th Mar 2011 14:55
I lost my mother 13 years ago. So, the image I had was being able to see what the skies looked liked from an angel's point of view. Call me crazy, but I was visualizing my Mother flying around on a bright sunny day with some white clouds floating by. Yes, my heart still gets troubled from the loss...but creating music is a great outlet for those feelings. After completing it, though, I got to thinking about how this might could fit with RGPs like Final Fantasy 7.

I would love to be able to have my compositions added to the TGC Store for gamers.

Thanks for asking and the comments as well.

Edited for: Additional messages and to add a missing word.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:04:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:04:14