Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / The application has encountered a problem and needs to close

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2011 14:00 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2011 14:37
I keep getting this error every time I try to just start-up FPSC, it says checking files for you then this error appears:
'The application has encountered a problem and needs to close.
The software has has encountered a problem and has been forced to close.
Your level could be too large, or your building too many levels. If this problem persists, back-up your work and re-install the software.'

Before that error I was making a level, it was not big at all, then i saved it and I slept the computer while it was open, now I regret that because I think that's what caused this error.. after that I saw FPSC had an error and it said something like 'Runtime error' I forgot what number it was, is it possible that sleeping my computer can wreck my FPSC?? Also is there something I could try that might fix this problem before I try re-installing the software? Do I have to re-install the model packs if I re-install FPSC? How do I back-up the files? Sorry for all the stupid questions
I have FPSC V118 BETA 10 and I'm using Windows Vista

There's a screen shot in the attachment

Thankyou very much ^^

Attachments

Login to view attachments
pazz
Years of Service
User Offline
Iget the same problem with beta 10 even before i build anything it starts right at the loading of FPSC.Hope some one can fix this or i may have to use v1.17 which is naff compared with the most modern version
girlgamer404
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 07:49 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2011 08:28
OMG its working today!! Thats weird... maybe it was temporary?

Please help I cant start my FPSC keep getting an error, more info here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=183148&b=28
thanks
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 14:24
When this happens try running FPSC Cleaner file and if that fails reinstall the latest used patch.

Good to hear it works now though

NimmDae
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2011 01:40
Another method is a simple system reboot. Just restart your computer/laptop and retry FPSC. Usually works for me.

Life's just a game.

..it was probably made using FPSC.
girlgamer404
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2011 19:35
Sorry if this is off-topic but

I was on FPSC with a coal mine segment on the mouse then I pressed + to zoom in and nothing would happened I pressed it again then I realized it froze then this error came up:

Runtime Error 7008 - Object does not exist at line 47093.
Object Not Found: 6

(There's a screen shot in attachment)
I posted it here because I think (I said think) that's what it said before when it started doing the 'application has encountered a problem etc' error
But my FPSC is still fine soo yeah i dunno..

I just got a question, is it okay to have other things open (like Firefox etc) while FPSC is open or testing a game?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JJ Games Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same problem, but, what is the cleaner file and where is it?

One shot, One kill games and content
girlgamer404
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 22:22
whats a cleaner file...?
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
My suggestion is the same as NimmDae's.
If ever I overloaded fpsc and I errored out, (fpsc would close and not be restarted. I would reboot the pc. It should solve the problem.
'go aussie'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:18:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:18:25