Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Decoy Animation Builder - Complete and Ready for Download - Open Source 3D Limb Animator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Preston Chaderton ,

I really liked your editor, pretty simple and easy to use if you ask me. Will you be using it for any of your games?
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 20:32
Quote: "I really liked your editor, pretty simple and easy to use if you ask me. Will you be using it for any of your games? "

Thanks (maybe megaton bumping this thread was a good thing afterall). Yeah, I might use it with a few of my games, but it might be after I upgrade it.

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB
Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 20:44
Cool. Needless to say, my computer won't run it (damn Error 16!) but the screenshots are great. And everyone seems to like it. Give yourself a pat on the back Omega.

... got any new skycars levels?

http://thehobbit.mine.nu/PereTaste.zip
Download Peregrin Taster here.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 21:28
Quote: "my computer won't run it (damn Error 16!)"

Could you give me some more information on what you are doing when the error occured? Thanks.

Oh, no new skycar levels, sorry.

phantom fusions
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think Megaton did anything wrong...
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2003 00:01
You actually think mine is still in progress? I lost my file (stupid IDE) and have stopped work on mine

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2003 03:02
Ok then, guess its just Van B and I then

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2003 22:52 Edited at: 12th Dec 2003 19:34
[edit]

Visit our new site! : http://www.megatoncreations.tk

If life throws you a grenade...pull the pin and throw it back!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 20:39
Hey preston,

I downloaded the decoy v25.zip file, ran the update.exe and then ran the main file. When I open the program ,I can use the menu, but the 3d window appears to be frozen. Is there anything I have missed that I should be doing?

Do you bite your thumb at me sir?

Athelon XP 1600 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2003 20:49 Edited at: 21st Dec 2003 20:54
Quote: "I downloaded the decoy v25.zip file, ran the update.exe and then ran the main file. When I open the program ,I can use the menu, but the 3d window appears to be frozen. Is there anything I have missed that I should be doing?
"

Thats odd...well, try to update it again, if it doesnt work...

http://nwg.dbpcommunity.com/Updates/decoyupdate.exe

Download the update manually. This will probably be the last update until its 3D modeler makeover. Once downloaded, extract all of the files into the Decoy Animatino Builder directory and it should work just fine. If not, tell me, and I'll fix something up for you.

Cheers,
Preston

[Edit] Hmmm...maybe it wasnt the update.exe that screwed up the update. Try clicking the new button (the one with the paper on it). That should bring up the promt to ready a new animation. If it doesnt, try to update it manually. It should work then. If not:

A) Does your mouse have a mousewheel that can double as a button? You need one to move the camera around in Decoy (I based it on Wings3D, thats why its like that).

B) Do you have DirectX 9.0b? Bah, what am I saying, you can run it, you should have it.

C) Delete the Decoy Animation Builder directory from program files, install it again, and then download and install the update manually. If that doesnt work, I'm out of ideas.

Phisch Phood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 14:43
I've got the most recent version and when i try to open it it gives me this error "Runtime error1512 - Display is not supported by available hardware at line 0" and then closes, i'm sure it's a great program but it just doesn't work

To swim is to float, and to float is to fly
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 14:59
Thanks, it appears to be working now, just the menu wasn't working at first. I pressed the new button and it brought up a menu.

One thing though, when I have loaded an object I pressed the new button again, and it doesn't allow you to quit without loading an object, it just says "Object doesn't exist" and goes back.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 22:57
Quote: "I've got the most recent version and when i try to open it it gives me this error "Runtime error1512 - Display is not supported by available hardware at line 0" and then closes, i'm sure it's a great program but it just doesn't work
"

How can't a computer support 640x480x16 windowed? Could you give me more details on the specs of your PC (if its ancient, that may be the problem ). The only thing I can suggest if your system is good quality, is to manually download and install the update.

Quote: "Thanks, it appears to be working now, just the menu wasn't working at first. I pressed the new button and it brought up a menu.
"

Finally, I give some advice that actually helps

Quote: "One thing though, when I have loaded an object I pressed the new button again, and it doesn't allow you to quit without loading an object, it just says "Object doesn't exist" and goes back.
"

Heh, maybe I should have put that in...

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 19:15
How do you set keyframes? It's a bit of a hassle having to set the limb positions in every single frame.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 23:14
Quote: "How do you set keyframes? It's a bit of a hassle having to set the limb positions in every single frame.
"

Ah...man, maybe I should have done quite a bit more to this program. Yeah, for now, thats what you have to do.

...And I was aiming for Ease of Use too

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 00:52
It's not too late, and this is pretty impressive for DBPro, I thought you were doing it in DBC.

andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 01:31
How did you do the right mouse click menu?

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 01:38
Quote: "How did you do the right mouse click menu?"

Someone posted about using the user32.dll in DBPro programs (which gives users the ability for things like Window data, right click menus, etc). It was indeed hard for me to get everything right for it though (what was hard was the menu bar, that practically killed my faith in finishing the program)

Quote: "It's not too late, and this is pretty impressive for DBPro, I thought you were doing it in DBC.
"

Well, it is too late actually. I stopped working with the code, and I cant easily go through it and just start adding new things. I could try, but it would take me a while. Might just wait till Decoy3D is finished though (working on it at the moment actually, trying to get a GUI first off, then I'll add the tools and etc).

As for me using DBC, I may never use that again. I find DBPro very stable as 5.1, at I rarely find any bugs that will really bug the lights outta me.

andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 02:00
Yeah, I see. I should have just looked at the source but Im too lazy. Clever.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 02:15
I didn't mean the bugs, just DBPro has no animation commands. I look forward to Decoy3D .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:39:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:39:49