Hey don't get discouraged. I have to say I miss comments from community members for my work as well, so that's (unfortunately) usual.
I had pending to give this another try. I can see all the improvements here and there. Almost everything is working as it should, this is what I experienced:
- Left handed mouse! Cool, it was frustrating to use it inverted. But the setting is not saved to disk and I have to check this again everytime I load the program.
- Suggestion: Organize the text so it can be easier to read. I'm refering to the 'Operations' stuff, where the text goes all into one single paragraph.
- The dialogs are old-fashioned but cool , I like the 'Personnel' dialog where you recruit and train. That is part of the role playing side of this game. Lovely.
- Shipyard dialog, I can see no ship in the ships?
- Tradepost dialog, ok, as well as main, medical, and the ship's log, although at the beginning I was confusing the ship's log with the operations dialog. The cargo dialog stayed in screen longer than the others, oh well, maybe I wasn't using it right.
- Also cool the starmap and the system map, but when selecting a planet it allowed me to use only the left mouse button, and I expected to use the right mouse button, as I was using left handed mouse setting.
- After revising it all I made my first launch and localized the star at 145x41 in the starmap, as it said in the ship's log.
A colony that had communications lost, cool! It reminded me of the Aliens film plot.
- Reached the 4th planet in 145x41. Little issue, selecting place to land resets coordinates if I enter the 'recommend for colonization' dialog. Not a big deal anyway.
- Landed and visited the colony. Cool again.
- Found the base, collected alien cows, alien lifeforms like dirigible and biped (attacking!).
- Then I revised the items collected with the rover, what can I say, lovely colony log, great!
- I repaired the rover and began the treatment for the injured humans. Oh, I have two humans and one robot hehe.
- Entered planet orbit again to land at 8n 23e, then I had a unhandled win32 exception, oops
That was no problem because fortunately I just saved a game.
- Load of a saved game was ok, so I continued.
- After loading, the ship was doing some sound effects that I didn't noticed before, so maybe there is a bug around this.
- I found a lot of minerals and lifeforms at the 8n 23e settlement. I guess the colony was destroyed by those bipeds, I haven't found intelligent lifeforms so far.
- I guess now I will be returning to base to sell my items and check for the next mission in the plot but, how do I reload ship fuel?
Excellent job overall, I got immersed easily. Very cool details like the planet scanning and such. Here are some more questions:
- Is there a day & night cycle in the planets? It would be cool to have one.
- Is there a way to move the camera with the rover mode, other than zoom? The same goes for move the camera when landed, but inside the ship. It would be nice to be able to take a look around before disembarking.
- Now you got the plot and the program running. Excellent and with a lot of details. What about some visual effects? The last layer to make it shine.
A few visual details and some shaders would round the final result.
- How deep the game is? The game looks finished, but I still don't know how many different scenarios can I visit, also I have not found any pirates or need to use spaceship lasers or shields.
This is cool and running, let me offer you my support if you need something. Also I'll be glad to test it again and give you my feedback when needed.