Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [DBPro] Fivon a text adventure

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 02:36 Edited at: 24th Mar 2011 03:27
I'm 1/5 done with my text adventure and want to know what people think. DO NOT comment on my incredible use of goto.
Here's the working 1/5ish.

Tell me if you find any bugs

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 03:51
This looks a lot like my first BASIC program, way back when. Keep at it and you will eventually learn good coding practice.

Some of the goto's you have use the full label including the :, which I'm surprised work.

Rogue and Thief are typically the same thing.

You should check out the randomize command and get some random combat in there. And nobody will ever pick option #2 in combat, except a cleric.

Clerics are invincible since they can heal faster than a monster can do damage.

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.
Omnomer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 04:27 Edited at: 24th Mar 2011 04:28
woops I didn't make the monster in the hard combat do more damage. The rogue can have a wide variety of skills And the Thief is more limited. Yes I do need some randomization in combat, And the reasoning for different classes that basicaly are the same in combat is that in the town I will program the different classes will get different reactions from different people. Thanks for the input though!

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:24:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:24:35