Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / AA Challenge Bitmap Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2011 20:04
Hey i'm starting to create a project that will end up being similar to a remake of the original Heli Attack game.

For those of you that don't know the game, the concept is simple. You are a lone commando in a 2D environment with an endless stream of helicopters being sent at you. Your mission is to survive as long as possible.

There are many more small facets of the game ill need to code later, but right now i'm just trying to start basic player motion. I'm having problems getting my ground to work, however. Attached is the compressed (.rar) Project folder with all the files necessary. Im trying to load a large bitmap that is my sample ground image, them copy a segment of it from the bitmap to the screen, but it isnt working no matter what I do. Help!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2011 06:35 Edited at: 7th Apr 2011 06:36
come on guys, this cannot be that difficult of a problem....heres the raw code as snippets:

Globals.h:

Player.h:

Player.cpp:

Main.cpp:

and the "SampleGround.bmp" is a bitmap of size 4000x600 that was a simple ground but any bitmap larger than 800x600 will work with this code. im kind of at a standstill until we get this resolved....any suggestions?

JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, I forgot all about this post, I'm sorry!

I haven't looked at your code but I can offer a C++ class for you to use. From what I understand from above, it may do the trick for you! It's really simple to use - look at the main.cpp file and should do the trick.

Also, I don't recall exactly what it is but I'm thinking that there is a limit to image size. I seem to recall that 2000x2000 is too big; or was that 4000x4000? I don't remember but there is a limit.

Regards,
JTK

Attachments

Login to view attachments
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 01:47 Edited at: 4th Jun 2011 01:54
thanks for remembering me JTK, but I kinda forgot about this project myself....I may take it back up later but for now I am moving on to my Pissed Off Penguins project (remake of Angry Birds). There is a thread titled "Water Drag and Buoyancy" or something similar under "Game Design Theory" where I am asking for help on the physics behind that project. If you wanted to read through that and give your opinion/advice there it would be greatly appreciated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 17:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 17:24:29