Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Gravity doesn't make a difference?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 15:55 Edited at: 13th Apr 2011 16:11
Hello folks, just started playing with Dark Physics, I'm not sure if it's buggy or I'm just missing anything, but when I adjust my gravity setting (from its default -9.8 to -100.0) it doesn't make a difference. I find with the scale I work at that the default is too slow - I work at a scale that satisfies my c-shop levels without having to make adjustments. This is a very, very simple scene set up - I'll attach the level model to this message as well.

Also, my second character controller doesn't do anything. It just sits there in mid air, no gravity at all.

[edit] I know why my character controller didn't work - simple error.

System (if it makes a difference with PhysX):
Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz
2gb RAM
Intel GMA HD

Code:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 16:52 Edited at: 13th Apr 2011 16:53
add some mass to your object and the default gravity will work fine.

default mass is set at 10,000 try making it 50,000 and see what that does.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 17:34 Edited at: 13th Apr 2011 17:57
How would I do that? I've tried using the rigid body commands, but they don't seem to apply to the character controller:

I've tried using
phy set rigid body mass 1, 50000

With and without that commaned - 'phy get rigid body mass' returns '0'

So I'm guessing that whilst a Character controller is a rigid body it isn't affected by rigid body commands (I've tried other commands on it as well, but it doesn't do anything). I've tested some of the character controller commands too, but none of them seem to affect mass or gravity.

Can I actually do anything with a character controller? Or will I have to create my own using rigid body commands?

[edit]

Problem solved. In further searching the forum I found a thread where basically your controller needs to be constantly moving (even if forward 1 and back 1 in the same sync) and the character controller falls fine, though it still seems to be unaffected by the gravity command.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 18:32
Quote: "I found a thread where basically your controller needs to be constantly moving (even if forward 1 and back 1 in the same sync) and the character controller falls fine"

good find that one will have to remeber it for the next one who ask how to do this or link them to here, if you add a link to were you found it.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 19:37 Edited at: 13th Apr 2011 19:38
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 20:28
Isn't there a command to make sure that the object isn't paused?

Either way, a character controller should never become idle in the physics simulation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:30:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:30:32