Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Game is lagging so much.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everybody.
Yesterday I created my first game, the problem is that it\'s lagging so much. I even tried to send it to a friend who can run Mw22, Black Ops, etc. But it still laggs a lot. Please help me what to do? I did set the texture quality to low, and disabled the lighting effects( or set it to \"best for performance\").

Give me some suggestions, etc.

All the bests.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2011 19:20
What are your specs?

Cheesehead for life.
Scimitar
Years of Service
User Offline
Really, it depends on a lot of little things. Having lots of dynamic entities (scenery, enemies, you name it) can easily result in lag. This is because the game will calculate the physics for each individual entity. The solution here is either to remove those entities, turn the non-essential ones into static entities, or else have them only spawn when the player is nearby.

Lighting can also have a big effect. An easy fix is to just have really low/non-existent ambiance in order to reduce the amount of light in general. Alternately, if you have a lot of dynamic lights, try turning them to static so that your computer isn't doing so many light calculations.

These are just some quick suggestions off the top of my head, but without being knowing what exactly is causing the lag I can't suggest anything more specific than that. These are just some general fixes for common problems that pop-up when I mess around with FPSC. If these don't work for you, altering the texture/lighting effects/shader effects and so on may help.

tl;dr

Less dynamic, more static entities. Spawn things when the player is nearby, not at the start. Lighting matters.
tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 18:48
im having the same problem with my game, but i might have some diffrent problem.

-Tokyomage

.....the feel of solitude hurts inside....
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 15:42
Things to check

- Your system specifications met the minimums at this thread http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=138684&b=33
- You have at least Direct X10 and for v1.07+ Direct X10.1
- You have the newest version of FPSC X10 should be v1.09 offical release (unless I've got my version numbers confused)
- Check your not packing your game with millions of dynamic objects or characters
- Check that you don't have other applications running in the background as this will slow down high resource games.

Please post your specs for more help.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz, 8GB DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4770 1GB, 2TB RAID-0 Hard disk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:30:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:30:07