Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Build problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 08:28
ok so when I build my project and run it in visual studio with the debugger it works perfectly fine... both release mode and debug mode work like this. but if I go and try and start it without debug it crashes and loads up a send error report. how can I fix this problem?
How is it going
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 08:37 Edited at: 26th Apr 2011 08:41
screenshot of the error message

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
When you say "without debug", do you mean outside Visual Studio, i.e. when you start the EXE from the file system? If yes, does your program find all the resources (e.g. sounds) that it uses? Keep in mind that the working directory can be different when you run from Visual Studio and when you run outside VS. Do you have checks in the program to avoid trying to use a non-existent resource? Even then it shouldn't necessarily crash but I don't have any better idea about the cause. Try to include messages (either dbText, dbSync or Windows message boxes) into the program that will show you how far it gets before crashing, that should help you find the problem.
How is it going
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 02:01
yes thats what I mean... and it'd be nice to fix that because I'm working with a team and they'd like to be able to play with it on there computers... I'll add some checks in for media... but if its loading the media fine in debug why wouldn't work outside of it if I move it so it is loading the resources?
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
In the case where you are getting errors "outside VC++ compiler", I would put a file write inside the code so that when it hits that section it writes a message to a file so you can see where it crashes. You could do something like this:
Make a function you call at different times.....

... and call this at different points in your game (using a string to describe where it was last). Example:

The fastest code is the code never written.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 17:27:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 17:27:01