Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / Tore Loves Eliza X9

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 19:37
The game is called Tore Loves Eliza.

I made the game (MaskedMakrel, aka Mntoothpick, aka Tore Simonsen).

The game is a love story. You are trying to save the television show Dollhouse for Eliza Dushku. There is no violence involved. You use your camera to take pictures of things you experience and are engaged in democratic action.

Here is the link to my video game. The password for the file is dollhouse

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/223400/distro.zip

In order to download the file, you need to enter an email address and receive a link code. I could not find another suitable unlimited download file host for free. The link code will only be good for one download. If you are uncomfortable with using your email, I suggest you test out a temporary email service.

I have an extensive credit list in the end video. It runs for 3 minutes. I tried to include everyone in the credits. I tried to be as thorough as possible in the credits, and if I forgot a credit (hopefully not), I apologize. There were a lot of items to keep track of.

Screenshots:

Created with FPSC 1.17
X9
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool! I like the bar.

MaskedMakrel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2011 06:55
@born for game

Thank you for the compliment. I spent considerable time on the bar and as you are probably aware, I uploaded my bar models (bar kit) for use by anyone.

I am also moving the download link to SpiderOak. With their promo code, I got 5gb which is more than enough. No email sign up necessary! Woot.

Game is now here:

https://spideroak.com/browse/share/ToreLovesEliza/trust
Mudbud Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 23:15 Edited at: 25th May 2011 23:15
cool.. You could use dropbox for the downloads ya'know

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
MaskedMakrel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 21:13
I tried multiple services (and still use multiple service). Dropbox limits downloads to 10gb per day (at least on free accounts), so I went with SpiderOak because it provides unlimited downloads.
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 20:40
Where is the detail? Apart from that good game

Your signature has been removed by a mod, please stop being retarded.
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
I love that you are using FPSC for creative and interesting concepts! Very good work sir
MaskedMakrel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 07:25
@Johnski,

I am glad you liked the game and appreciate your feedback.

@Gunbarrelguru

Thank you very much. With all the community resources available, FPSC seemed like a great fit for this game even though it is not exactly a FPS
MaskedMakrel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 19:02 Edited at: 26th Aug 2011 21:02
It appears that the SpiderOak option is at least temporarily unavailable. I have updated the information to include the old alternative download.

http://kommune1541.blogspot.com/p/made-free-video-game.html

I created a new trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cavTxryeqZU

The SpiderOak link is now working again. (Sugarsync, however, is working on accepting file sizes over 1GB and will not be available for some "weeks".)
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 22:42
Why the random purple and blue lights?

MaskedMakrel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 21:03
The blue lighting in the DL scene is designed to capture some of the darkness that one expects in a night time bar environment. Here is an example of the scene at the club with Former Speaker Kelliher-Anderson.

If you see the ATM sign in the background, it sometimes casts a slightly blue light. On stage, of course, she is well lit and the lighting varies considerably in the environment. Blue also imbues the political impression of the event.

The purple is a much more subjective call. Red, my first choice, did not look great. I still wanted to give players an immediate sense of something being not quite right about the place. In the end, I feel that purple looked nice. As I explained in the readme, the process of making a game requires some conformity to the medium to provide an impression that may be at odds with the reality (of dull white lighting). I have suggested that people who want something closer to the truth should stick to the blog and the videos I have posted online.
Wicked Blood Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2011 04:27
Oh god...it's that homeless creeper from youtube...that's great...she made A FREAKIN VIDEO GAME FOR HIS LOVE THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!! HORRIBLE GAME!!!! GO GET A THERAPIST!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:14:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:14:43