Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbMouseClick() missing most clicks

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm helping some students code a simple card-match game. I'm using if( dbMouseClick() ) in loopGDK, but it's missing most mouse clicks and i have to click 5+ times on one item to get it to enter the if statement. However, if I debug, it seems to enter every time without fail. Any ideas as to why this is occurring? We're running virtualized windows Xp on a macbook, so could speed actually be an issue?

Thanks,
Ben
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2011 12:08 Edited at: 1st May 2011 12:11
Could you post the code? Then we could see if the problem is with the code or with the virtualized operating system. I can test the code on my machine if you don't have the option of trying it out on another computer with non-virtual Windows.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2011 14:35 Edited at: 1st May 2011 14:36
Yeah, we need the code to explain problem. But by the sounds of it, it looks like you do a dbMouseClick in a dbMousClick if statement, and between them there is some functions that lags (consumes time) a bit, so the user already has the mouse button released by the time it gets into the next dbmouseclick, so it fails. But ofcourse the first it works... as you can see in your debugger.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 17:32:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 17:32:59