Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Triggered Explosions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

I just wondered how i go about triggering an explosion when i set up a trigger. So far i have placed a cyclinder on a truck and made it dynamic and amended the name to "xpc". Also chnaged the setting to not spawn at the beginning of game.

I've now created a trigger and increased the size of the area to cover the cylinder "xpc" on the truck and pointed the trigger to "xpc". I've chnaged the main script in the trigger to plrinzone and the destory script to flamable. However after evertime i test the game it explodes as it finishes loading the map...its driving me mad.

Any ideas?

Thank you people.

BB
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2011 16:38
Hello,

For the trigger zone, you will want to use plrinzoneactivateused.fpi. However, it sounds like your cylinder is spawning at the start of the game. Is this correct?

Do you have the community guide to FPSC? You will find this very helpful and much more informative (in terms of scripting anyway) than the standard manual.

Getting some basic familiarity with scripting will go a long way in helping you create your game. The built in scripts are nice and serve as a starting point for your own custom behaviors but to really make an interactive game, you will need to extend the scripts to meet your particular needs.

For instance, you might want to try to make a script that causes the truck to explode once the player is within a certain distance. This would remove the need for the cylinder and the trigger zone.

If your still stuck on it, I'll make the script for you but I've found I learn the most when I give a go at it - even if I ultimately fail and need help.

Lemme know.

Cheers,
SREALIST
Doubleb
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for your help, i'm downloading it as we speak

i'll try like you said as thats how i learnt php and html.

BB
Doubleb
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmmm....still having boxes and other things triggered as the map starts even if i use the method from the community guide
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
or you can get get rid of the trigger zone and right click over the entity dynamic and go to bottom and change explodable when destroyed and set strentgh to 1.

or have the explodable when killed on set the whatever entity in mid air and do as above but change the spawn at start to spawn after delay and then do trigger zone player in zone activateused then put the entity name in the if use part then it should drop the entity when go in zone the strength is weak and the physics force should destroy the entity when hits floor and hence the explosion goes off

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:44:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:44:22