Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 00:49
Sorry if someone has already asked this but will AGK's functions be thread-safe? It's just that that's been an issue with DBP and DarkGDK. And as the ipad 2 is dual core now, others are bound to follow suit.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 17:36
Quote: "And as the ipad 2 is dual core now, others are bound to follow suit. "

LG have an dual core android phone out for some time now to
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2011 01:35
Anything high-end released now without dual core is looked at with skepticism. Although right now I suspect a high clock single CPU is probably the best but to be future prof most buy dual core, at least when it comes to Android. We are right in the middle of the shift to dual core for high-end now.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2011 09:58
Quote: "We are right in the middle of the shift to dual core for high-end now."

Exactly what I was thinking which is why I'm keen to know whether AppGameKit commands are going to be thread safe. We will need to be able to use multi-threading to get the best performance which, on portable devices, is still going to be very important. I was assuming that tier one, being like DBP, would not support this but I suppose I'm looking at tier two. Will we be able to use C++ threading with AppGameKit?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:58:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:58:04