Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Screensaver In DB V1

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 00:56
I read a post on one of the forums about creating a screensaver with DB V1. I'd never thought of writing one before, so I decided to have a bash. The program below is what I came up with after less than an hour, and I was quite impressed with it.

This is aimed primarily at newcomers to DB, so my apologies if you've seen it all before. If not, feel free to have a play with it. The actual concept is an old one and has been done many times before, so I don't claim any originality.

You will also need the three media files to compile it from http://www.matedit.com/media.zip. Just unzip them into the same directory you save the source code.

Use Build Final and then in Windows Explorer change the filename from Filename.EXE to Filename.SCR and just drop it into the Windows directory. Use the Display properties panel to select the screensaver in Windows.

TDK_Man
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 00:58
Oops! Sorry, didn't notice there was a 'Newcomers Corner' board. Maybe this should have been posted there...

TDK

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 01:34
Meh, we're all sinners. If that's what you want to call it.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:53:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:53:57