Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / loading screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a menu in the game I'm making that sets the variable gameInitiated to 1. When it is set to 1 I have the main loop call the function that loads my objects. My problem is that during this time the objects are loading it's like the game is frozen, I'm basically stuck at the menu screen and once it is done loading the game starts, so I wanted to put an image in for the background during the time it is loading. It seems to ignore it though and goes straight to the object loading function and the menu remains and goes straight to the game play. It only seems to work properly when I take the modelCall() out. Can anyone help me out or guide me in a better direction for doing something like this?

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 17:41
perhaps you have something like this:

pseudo

you need dbSync ( ) after the "hide menu and show background" part so the background image is shown

hope i got it right, you didn't provide enough info though

Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
Just insert a dbSync() before your modelCall() function, I'm assuming all that function does is load all the objects needed for the game, and nothing else?

tehgoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys that solved my problem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 17:29:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 17:29:57