Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / What to include...?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all,

I have a bit of a technical issue at the moment. I have successfully installed everything required to make Dark GDK work.

I can easily use the wizards to create the sample code and start a new project. What I really need though, is to be able to use the standard .NET functions as I normally would, I don't know quite how to describe it.

To try and explain a little better, I want to be able to use windows sockets. Now in a previous VC++ project where I used sockets, all I had to do was put:
using namespace System::Net;
after the #include statements. If I do this here though, I get a whole load of errors' thrown at me. "System does not exist" etc.etc.

Is there any way of being able to use the standard .NET features whilst using Dark GDK?

Please excuse my noobyness, I'm very new to The Game Creators but am usually a very good programmer, this just has me stumped though.

Thanks in advance,

~deHackerOwnz~
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2011 23:06 Edited at: 21st May 2011 23:10
I don't think so. Dark GDK is not designed for mixing with .NET. There is a separate Dark GDK .NET version which is a paying product, not free. If you want network functions in Dark GDK, there are plugins, for example Multisync (free) or Dark Net (paying). I haven't used either, so maybe other people can tell you more about these options. It should be also possible to program sockets from pure C++ if you know how (I don't, unfortunately).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 17:26:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 17:26:51