Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / The basics....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone out there know a good tutorial to get started with DarkGDK? Myself and a friend are looking to start coding. We want to find a good tutorial on the basics of the program. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, we are looking to code a 3D racing game, so if you know a tutorial that is good for getting started into that, that'd be awesome.

Just assume we know nothing when replying to this.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 21:23
There are tutorials that come with DarkGDK, they are pretty good and there is an example of a whole game made with DarkGDK.

'3D racing game' you may need a physics api for this, or maybe not, it depends on how you want to do it. For now, I would just keep it simple until you gain some experience.

Benjames8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 02:06 Edited at: 24th May 2011 02:17
You should get a 3d modeling software, an easy to use freeware is Anim8or http://www.anim8or.com/..

I don't support this, but there are ways to get a free version 3ds max 9, it can export .x files with PandaSoft addon. .X files run smooth in games.. I think.

but if your too moral for that check out blender. It is pretty difficult to use but you can model/animate/and export .x.
http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

go to google and type in "Sparky's Collision" this is a good collision detection addon, Its pretty much manditory.. jk

heres a link:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74762&b=5

because I like you here is some code to look over it's in dbpro, but you can easily convert it to GDK.

I hope it works its been a while since ive checked I've added the 3ds level to this message, just click the re download button.

Always keep in mind the complexity of your models and how much processing your simulation takes, things can go south fairly quickly, with the FPS, if you don't.

Hopefully im helping more the confusing ) just ignore me if I am.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Infinity8
Years of Service
User Offline
you can get 3DS Max and Maya for free if you are a student
Cafe Casita
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 22:34
I can't seem to find a program that randomly selects any character onboard and assigns an "Attack Order" number. And, then provides for that character to NOT be chosen randomly from the data list that contains each characters identifying number.

I suppose that it would be something like dealing out cards from a deck where you can have no duplicates. Just for confusion sake there are [sometimes, per episode] Sporatic Armies which attack in unison [example if AC8$ of an army of ten - and he or she attacks at the 12th incidence, the AC9$, AC10$; then AC1$ through AC7$ will attack in order. REM - AC1$ thru AC10$ equals "Army Character" 1 to 10.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cafe Casita says YES
Benjames8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 22:50
[Cafe Casita]
U want a 'list' of soldiers that can be selected for battle?
and a program that chooses one soldier at random, then assigns the soldier a troop?
Cafe Casita
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 06:39
TYVM: Benjames8
The situation: Multi-Plr Game. 6 PC's, Up to 26 Enemy Characters - EC's. The EC's want only to kill PC's. Ocasionally, There are an Army of 7 to 13 Army Characters - AC's which all use the same type weapon and they all attack in sequential order. The AC's are prone to attack either PC's or EC's. Say, the 9th AC is selected to attack as the 12th in attack order. Then the 10th AC would attack 13th, then AC11$ attacks 14th, then AC12$ etc. When they reach "Total AC#" AC1 attacks and on through to AC8.
So, we have 6 PC's, say 16 EC's and 12 AC's. or a total of 34 SOB's (Souls on Board). Attack order is random until any AC attacks and they attack in sequence til all twelve attack. Then the rest of the sob's attack randomly again.
I am a rank amateur.
Terra-Thanx again

Cafe Casita says YES

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 17:24:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 17:24:20